Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Default Re: Official Samsung Galaxy S2 Jelly Bean Update Available Now Via Unofficial Means

Actually not really sure to be honest... just downloaded a file about 830mb and used Odin on my desktop to load it... first time trying any sort of flashing... I assumed it wasn't a rooting.

I did disabled the Nascar app and it no longer shows under the applications menu.

Now I'm charging to see if battery life is any different, although I do have a bulging battery that Sprint insists is still 100% good... If I'm messing around on facebook I lose battery very quickly, and have to use a charger multiple times a day...

Interesting update thus far though.

Default Re: Official Samsung Galaxy S2 Jelly Bean Update Available Now Via Unofficial Means

Just installed jellybean today and it freakin rocks lol no seriously its awesome and easy to flash im already rooted as well

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    HyDrA_ROM

no flash...

Anyone have a fix for this?

Did u use the Odin download I did and it worked perfect for me jb rocks u guys once u get ur phone in download mode and plug usb I it does everything on its own after that I even used the version that roots upon install

Official Samsung Galaxy S2 Jelly Bean Update Available Now Via Unofficial Means-uploadfromtaptalk1354894477764.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Thedonkeyshow808 View Post
    no flash...

Anyone have a fix for this?
    I am running Boat Browser on my N7 running JB and it works. Have have to side load Flash and then load Boat and it works fine. Have not tired it on my phone yet.

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JayWill72 View Post
    Yes there will be a JB update for this phone, and the ROM is excellent. I'm running the latest leak right now and I've been very impressed. It's impossible to predict when it will be released officially, but before year end is a possibility. I'm betting on mid to late January though.

Battery life has been great on JB, but as always it depends highly on your typical usage pattern.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    I concur. I am highly impressed with the battery life using this leaked build of JB.

So noone else had any problems with installing the leak?

My battery life hasn't changed at all...

I'd even go so far as say it's worse... but I'm leaning toward the battery itself.

I seem to be getting about 2 more hours now. Signal is better now also

Did anyone else loose the Gmail swipe to delete feature with JB? It's got Gmail Version 4.1.2 on it FWIW.

Quote Originally Posted by urbrainwashd View Post

I'm having issue installing as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MattN03 View Post
    Did anyone else loose the Gmail swipe to delete feature with JB? It's got Gmail Version 4.1.2 on it FWIW.
    NM, I needed to upload the latest Gmail app from the play store.

Quote Originally Posted by evofever View Post
    I'm having issue installing as well.

What issues are you guys having?

Current Device: LG G2 (D800 - AT&T)

What issues are you guys having?

For me when I download the file I go into recovery and either can't find it ( my other roms and downloads are visible and flashable) or it aborts when I start the install.

Quote Originally Posted by evofever View Post
    For me when I download the file I go into recovery and either can't find it ( my other roms and downloads are visible and flashable) or it aborts when I start the install.

It's sounds to me like you downloaded the Odin one click file, which is a self extracting executable file. You can't flash this in recovery. You need to connect to a PC and run the Odin flash package.

Thanked by 2:
    garwynn likes this.

ROM
    Stock! (For now...)

Quote Originally Posted by Azwizzard View Post
    I am running Boat Browser on my N7 running JB and it works. Have have to side load Flash and then load Boat and it works fine. Have not tired it on my phone yet.
    That's true.. but the end goal is to move away from Flash with HTML5.
    Suspect Adobe felt the need to do this to really drop the legacy support and re-purpose Flash into what they want it to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by urbrainwashd View Post

Nope, and feel free to contact if you have any questions!
    Reach me on Twitter || Google+/Hangouts || Forums: XDA-Developers || RootzWiki

If you like the AOSP efforts and want to help get new devices on board, donations really help.
    Please continue to thank and support those who bring these great things to our devices!

It's sounds to me like you downloaded the Odin one click file, which is a self extracting executable file. You can't flash this in recovery. You need to connect to a PC and run the Odin flash package.

Is there a file I can download and open from my phone? If not I'll try to figure this out but I get a bit lost without watching a video or walking through step by step. ( its me not you guys). It just seems so much more complicated since when I use to have an HTC EVO. Even getting my GPS working on the ROM im using has been impossible and ive done a hundred "fixes" after reading everywere. Sorry to side track you all. You are all very nice people.

ROM
    Stock! (For now...)

Mobile odin pro can flash a one click except the modem.

Reach me on Twitter || Google+/Hangouts || Forums: XDA-Developers || RootzWiki

If you like the AOSP efforts and want to help get new devices on board, donations really help.
    Please continue to thank and support those who bring these great things to our devices!

Not being able to see photos on sd card in gallery... that's about it so far... Not being able to uninstall downloaded apps by sliding to the remove option at the top.

The stock weather widget and BW's safe not updating their location, but Google Maps is working fine.

Quote Originally Posted by MattN03 View Post
    The stock weather widget and BW's safe not updating their location, but Google Maps is working fine.
    Tap the widget then hit menu > settings and check the refresh setting. The default is set to 12 hours.

Tap the widget then hit menu > settings and check the refresh setting. The default is set to 12 hours.

I had already set the refresh on BW's to 1 hour yesterday, but no luck so far...

FoxFi seems to be working!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast