Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Default Re: Official Samsung Galaxy S2 Jelly Bean Update Available Now Via Unofficial Means

I'm having trouble with the stock swype keyboard and how bad its accuracy is. I'm trying Swiftkey Flow, but I can't get all apps to use Swifykey. What is going on?

Default Re: Official Samsung Galaxy S2 Jelly Bean Update Available Now Via Unofficial Means

Guys where did you download this Jelly Bean update?

Quote Originally Posted by Izy InGush View Post
    Guys where did you download this Jelly Bean update?

[LINK][ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-D710 FK23 (FK23 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Root/Stock)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Device: LG G2 (D800 - AT&T)

Sprint id keeps stopping..

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Just a couple words of advice before doing this update. . . Back up ALL of your information using Kies. Also, back up all of your apps. I suggest adao file manager. If you don't do these two steps, YOU WILL LOSE all of your text messages and downloaded apps. Other that that, the update is amazing. Haven't had any glitches or kinks as of yet and all of the annoyances from ICS seem to be gone!

is there a video explaining how to install this leak?

If I install this leak, will I be able to upgrade to any future OTA updates? Or would I have to install future updates myself too

Sent from my Galaxy S II

Thanks
    I appreciate it!

I just installed it using QBKing77s how to video on YouTube. Helped me a lot since I've never done this stuff before.

I'm loving this so far, much much better than ICS. Everything just feels fast and smooth. Though the first post mentions Smart Stay, which I don't see at all.

Also looks like music controls have been removed from the lock screen...

Sent from my Galaxy S II using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by ReDDevil2112; 12-15-2012 at 04:30 PM.

I don't know why I'm struggling with this so much, however, does anyone know how I can take a screenshot if I'm using the ROM posted above?

I have tried everything and can't seem to get it figured out. I also downloaded some different screenshot programs from the play store, however, the ones I downloaded tell me I have to have root access...uh...but I do? Crikey.

Quote Originally Posted by TishaCombs View Post
    I don't know why I'm struggling with this so much, however, does anyone know how I can take a screenshot if I'm using the ROM posted above?

I have tried everything and can't seem to get it figured out. I also downloaded some different screenshot programs from the play store, however, the ones I downloaded tell me I have to have root access...uh...but I do? Crikey.
    Hit menu > settings, scroll to the bottom and hit About device/phone, then scroll that screen to the bottom. Then take your screen shot by pressing both Power and Home at the same time and hold them down for a couple of seconds until you hear the camera sound and see the screen shot animation.

Current Device: LG G2 (D800 - AT&T)
    Thanked by:

press and hold power and home will give u a screenshot

Its either power+volume down
    Or power+home

Sent from my SPH-D710

Home button + power button

Edit: sorry, I didn't realize there was another page where the question was already answered.

Sent from my Galaxy S II

Hold power button and home button at same time to take screen shots if ur on the fk23 build

Sent from my totally awesome jellybeanerific S2 epic 4G touch using tapatalk!

I took the plunge and have been using JB for the past couple days. I'm just amazed how much smoother and faster and more stable JB is compared to ICS. If JB was Windows7 then ICS is craptastic Vista. It's pretty much identical to how it performed when I first got it with Honeycomb installed. I am now totally convinced that Samsung and/or Sprint are delaying its release to the GS2 so they can sell more GS3 phones.

ROM
    Stock! (For now...)

Quote Originally Posted by Auberon Barnable View Post
    I took the plunge and have been using JB for the past couple days. I'm just amazed how much smoother and faster and more stable JB is compared to ICS. If JB was Windows7 then ICS is craptastic Vista. It's pretty much identical to how it performed when I first got it with Honeycomb installed. I am now totally convinced that Samsung and/or Sprint are delaying its release to the GS2 so they can sell more GS3 phones.
    Everyone - including me - likes to fall back on that argument. Truth is it isn't approved yet by the testing parties. What is holding it up is not known - I can say there was a difference in FL04 that was worse than FK23 and now better in FL16. Without changelogs on each build it's hard to tell for certain.
    Reach me on Twitter || Google+/Hangouts || Forums: XDA-Developers || RootzWiki

If you like the AOSP efforts and want to help get new devices on board, donations really help.
    Please continue to thank and support those who bring these great things to our devices!
    Thanked by:
    gb5766 

Where is the file to download so I can Odin one click it? Fl16 that is...

ROM
    Stock! (For now...)

Quote Originally Posted by Oleyeller View Post
    Where is the file to download so I can Odin one click it? Fl16 that is...

Will be on here as soon as available. Only stock tar has been released.

Reach me on Twitter || Google+/Hangouts || Forums: XDA-Developers || RootzWiki

If you like the AOSP efforts and want to help get new devices on board, donations really help.
    Please continue to thank and support those who bring these great things to our devices!

Thanks garwynn. Appreciate the reply.

Global Posts
    2,200 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

On the rooted version is there any mods for better battery life?

I just have a samsung galaxy s2 . i made a t mobile update and then I lost my operation system. How can I install the icecream sandwich from the sdcard. someone can help me.

dear sir,can i flash SPH-D710 to samsung sII

As long as it is the sprint version. Of you have the international version, I would not. Your hardware is different
    Lean Mean Jelly Bean GB27 Touched By An S4

As I've just posted in the other thread for this, I've installed it and managed to do it with almost no complications. If I can do it, anyone can
    Quick question though if this isn't in the wrong place - does anyone know how I can get the Touchwiz Weather/Clock (Accuweather) widget to show up in another launcher - specifically Go Launcher EX? Thanks!

EDIT: Battery life's taken a HUGE hit. I'm now down to 50% in 5hrs 36 mins. I did the full reset install so can't imagine a further reset would work. I'll try a few cycles and see if that helps. On the plus side, I LOVE JB itself

Oh and it seems I'm not the only one who had hopes for that Touchwiz Weather widget. Looks like I'll have to have to stick with Go Weather for now.
    Last edited by Tsukiyomi; 12-29-2012 at 10:56 PM.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast