Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Default Re: Official Samsung Galaxy S2 Jelly Bean Update Available Now Via Unofficial Means

Question to those of you who are getting great battery life with this, did you go with the rooted or stock version?

ROM
    Stock! (For now...)

Default Re: Official Samsung Galaxy S2 Jelly Bean Update Available Now Via Unofficial Means

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukiyomi View Post
    Question to those of you who are getting great battery life with this, did you go with the rooted or stock version?
    I did rooted, but unless playing with the governors it won't make a difference.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    Reach me on Twitter || Google+/Hangouts || Forums: XDA-Developers || RootzWiki

If you like the AOSP efforts and want to help get new devices on board, donations really help.
    Please continue to thank and support those who bring these great things to our devices!
    Thanked by:

I don't know if anybody else noticed, but with mine, I am now able to use the Sprint Mobile Hotspot capability without subscribing to it. (No root)

I didn't do this myself, but supposedly the "free" hotspot expires after a week or two, then you have to pay to keep using it. It's just a free trial period.

Sent from my Galaxy S II

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukiyomi View Post
    Couple of things. After flashing a ROM it can sometimes take a couple full charging cycles for the battery gauge to settle in. Also, if you did not flash the full data wipe version, I'd suggest you do. It's always a good idea to start fresh when on a new OS base.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Device: LG G2 (D800 - AT&T)
    Thanked by:

Thanks for that. I'm hoping it is just a cycling issue, it's already behaving a little better today in standby although actually using the phone is still hitting the battery more than ICS did. Also, like a fool, I forgot to re-enable Juice Defender for the first 24 hours

I thought that might be the case with the full data wipe version too, so that's the one I used. I'm just undecided on whether I should have tried the rooted one instead, although that would really be for apps rather than a great desire to tinker with the phone's workings.

Rooted or not rooted doesn't it act battery life. It's either just a cycling issue or and app or app settings issue that isn't playing nice with JB.
    I get 2 days with very light use (1 hour screen on time and only a few calls) or 1 day with light to moderate use (2 hours screen on time). With heavy use I can still manage about 12 hours with 4 hours screen on time. This is with no battery saving tweaks btw.

Current Device: LG G2 (D800 - AT&T)

Quote Originally Posted by JayWill72 View Post
    Rooted or not rooted doesn't it act battery life. It's either just a cycling issue or and app or app settings issue that isn't playing nice with JB.
    I get 2 days with very light use (1 hour screen on time and only a few calls) or 1 day with light to moderate use (2 hours screen on time). With heavy use I can still manage about 12 hours with 4 hours screen on time. This is with no battery saving tweaks btw.

Yeah, garwynn put me straight on the rooted/non-rooted battery issue. I only mentioned it because I just couldn't decide which Odin link to d/l (i.e. whether I wanted to see whether I liked the options that being unrooted gave me as a non-technical Android user). The figures you're getting are pretty much what I ended up getting with ICS so if I'm not back there in another day or so then I'll start working through apps to see whether one or more aren't playing nice... Thanks again.

Sorry for so many questions on this but is anybody else having problems updating PRL or Profile? I keep getting a Connection Error whenever I try.

My fiance phone been the same way since installing fk23 update idk y its not affecting our service at all though so haven't really thought much about it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Hit menu > settings, scroll to the bottom and hit About device/phone, then scroll that screen to the bottom. Then take your screen shot by pressing both Power and Home at the same time and hold them down for a couple of seconds until you hear the camera sound and see the screen shot animation.

Oh bloody hell..I can't even begin to tell you how many combinations I tried and ultimately it comes down to me not holding the buttons down long enough.

I feel so lame now.

thank you for your help...It's been driving me crazy. lol
    Thanked by:

Wow, I can about drain my battery in 6 - 8 hours if used moderately. What apps should I look at that could be battery drainers? I have GPS, WiFi, BT, and 3G, turned off unless being used, and screen brightness turned to 50%, but I would prefer to have it at 100%. I love JB, but battery use is worse than ICS for me and Swype is horrible. My only two gripes....

Hey guys! I have been waitin and waitin for JB for my Sprint GS2 and I dont want to wait any longer. I flashed the official ICS update on my phone after it was released, but I followed step by step instructions from a YouTube video. Is there a video that will show me how to install the unrooted version of this rom? Please help! I feel like im living in the dark ages with my GS2 wit ICS.

ROM
    UnNamed v.2.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by AricaMichelle View Post
    Hey guys! I have been waitin and waitin for JB for my Sprint GS2 and I dont want to wait any longer. I flashed the official ICS update on my phone after it was released, but I followed step by step instructions from a YouTube video. Is there a video that will show me how to install the unrooted version of this rom? Please help! I feel like im living in the dark ages with my GS2 wit ICS.
    May have to be patient if QBKing is going to do one. If not, Garwynn's thread has the link to this: . You just need to download the EXE file, put your phone in ODIN mode and plug in, run the exe, wait for it to pass, and you're done. That link has step-by-step directions. If I could do it all over again tho, I'd stay on ICS for now until a few JB bugs get worked out (specifically wifi tether, battery drain, and a little lag). I'm bummed JB took away the batt % icon >_<.

QBKing already did a video. That's what I used. Just watch that.

Also you can still get battery % in the notification bar, and its easier to see now.

Sent from my Galaxy S II

ROM
    UnNamed v.2.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by ReDDevil2112 View Post
    QBKing already did a video. That's what I used. Just watch that.

Also you can still get battery % in the notification bar, and its easier to see now.

Sent from my Galaxy S II
    Post up the vid for people maybe?

Just saw that I get get the percentage back. That's good, but it sits next to the battery icon now instead of over it. Would like to have the option of turning the icon horizontal with the percentage inside it. Makes more sense than taking up twice the space in the notification bar.

ROM
    Stock! (For now...)

Quote Originally Posted by chrisingrassia View Post
    Post up the vid for people maybe?

Just saw that I get get the percentage back. That's good, but it sits next to the battery icon now instead of over it. Would like to have the option of turning the icon horizontal with the percentage inside it. Makes more sense than taking up twice the space in the notification bar.
    For some reason Sammy changed that with the JB builds - not just the E4GT, my GN2 has the same. You might be able to find a customization for it but for stock it's gone for good
    Reach me on Twitter || Google+/Hangouts || Forums: XDA-Developers || RootzWiki

If you like the AOSP efforts and want to help get new devices on board, donations really help.
    Please continue to thank and support those who bring these great things to our devices!

Just wanted to say thanks! This is my first Android and I've never rooted or messed around at all. I first tried the rooted version. At first it worked great but suddenly started locking up and the phone wouldn't boot or anything. This morning I loaded the unrooted version...and perfection! I had the issue of "error 67" incorrect user name or password for data. I unchecked the data use while roaming and it's running great. This made is really easy for even a newbie like myself to enjoy jb. Again, thanks!

Question Re: Official Samsung Galaxy S2 Jelly Bean Update Available Now Via Unofficial Means

i have a galaxy s2 but i don't have an internacional model number I9100. I have I9100p because I got ftom orange.
    Please help me can i do this upgrade (jelly bean 4.1.2) PLEASE HELP ME .
    THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING.

Hi I have an s2 skyrocket that was with AT&T but now im trying to unlock it it has no carier at the moment howwhere do I go get the new jelly bean update. To dl n install ty

Yeah i noticed too i have the epic 4g touch and i use the hotspot unsubscribed with nor root or anything

hi..

I just want to say my disappoint to samsung company, why they only care about phone marketing. But never care about continuity of phone upgrade program. That is why phone update program so difficult than other, such as sony. They has soft ware to upgrade program, so if we use that program it will be upgrade automatically... owesome very different with samsung.

Global Posts
    4,242 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (4.3)

Samsung has Kies. No different, other than Sony's PC software is way faster.

Sent from my AT&T Skyrocket using Tapatalk 2.

1. Everything works better after updating my phone, I absolutely love it, EXCEPT:
    2. Battery life. My phone no longer seems to care what I do with it, it just drains as a constant rate, emptying itself in about 12 hours. I used to be able to see myself listening to music (the continuous awake at the start of the day), cause the battery would drain faster those hours. Thats's barely the case now. Also: it seems to be awake way more than it should be. I don't check my phone that often but as you can see it looks awake every few minutes.

Things to keep in mind:
    I did not do a factory reset (so much work etc etc)
    I did try a full discharge/charge

Any suggestions are welcome. I'll do a factory reset when nothing helps.

After the full discharge when the device shuts off, keep turning the phone back on until it won't turn anymore. That's when you know the battery is completely dead, Then charge the device fully while the power is off. This worked wonders for my phone.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast