Official Samsung Galaxy S2 Jelly Bean Update Available Now Via Unofficial Means

evofever

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
What issues are you guys having?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

For me when I download the file I go into recovery and either can't find it ( my other roms and downloads are visible and flashable) or it aborts when I start the install.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
For me when I download the file I go into recovery and either can't find it ( my other roms and downloads are visible and flashable) or it aborts when I start the install.

It's sounds to me like you downloaded the Odin one click file, which is a self extracting executable file. You can't flash this in recovery. You need to connect to a PC and run the Odin flash package.

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I am running Boat Browser on my N7 running JB and it works. Have have to side load Flash and then load Boat and it works fine. Have not tired it on my phone yet.

That's true.. but the end goal is to move away from Flash with HTML5.
Suspect Adobe felt the need to do this to really drop the legacy support and re-purpose Flash into what they want it to be.

- - - Updated - - -

So noone else had any problems with installing the leak?

Nope, and feel free to contact if you have any questions!

evofever

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
It's sounds to me like you downloaded the Odin one click file, which is a self extracting executable file. You can't flash this in recovery. You need to connect to a PC and run the Odin flash package.

Is there a file I can download and open from my phone? If not I'll try to figure this out but I get a bit lost without watching a video or walking through step by step. ( its me not you guys). It just seems so much more complicated since when I use to have an HTC EVO. Even getting my GPS working on the ROM im using has been impossible and ive done a hundred "fixes" after reading everywere. Sorry to side track you all. You are all very nice people.

Jeremy Ruzanski

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Not being able to see photos on sd card in gallery... that's about it so far... Not being able to uninstall downloaded apps by sliding to the remove option at the top.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
The stock weather widget and BW's safe not updating their location, but Google Maps is working fine.

Tap the widget then hit menu > settings and check the refresh setting. The default is set to 12 hours.

MattN03

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm having trouble with the stock swype keyboard and how bad its accuracy is. I'm trying Swiftkey Flow, but I can't get all apps to use Swifykey. What is going on?

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Just a couple words of advice before doing this update. . . Back up ALL of your information using Kies. Also, back up all of your apps. I suggest adao file manager. If you don't do these two steps, YOU WILL LOSE all of your text messages and downloaded apps. Other that that, the update is amazing. Haven't had any glitches or kinks as of yet and all of the annoyances from ICS seem to be gone!

ReDDevil2112

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
If I install this leak, will I be able to upgrade to any future OTA updates? Or would I have to install future updates myself too

Sent from my Galaxy S II

ReDDevil2112

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I just installed it using QBKing77s how to video on YouTube. Helped me a lot since I've never done this stuff before.

I'm loving this so far, much much better than ICS. Everything just feels fast and smooth. Though the first post mentions Smart Stay, which I don't see at all.

Also looks like music controls have been removed from the lock screen...

Sent from my Galaxy S II using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

TishaCombs

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I don't know why I'm struggling with this so much, however, does anyone know how I can take a screenshot if I'm using the ROM posted above?

I have tried everything and can't seem to get it figured out. I also downloaded some different screenshot programs from the play store, however, the ones I downloaded tell me I have to have root access...uh...but I do? Crikey.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781