Official Samsung Galaxy S2 Jelly Bean Update Available Now Via Unofficial Means

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't know why I'm struggling with this so much, however, does anyone know how I can take a screenshot if I'm using the ROM posted above?

I have tried everything and can't seem to get it figured out. I also downloaded some different screenshot programs from the play store, however, the ones I downloaded tell me I have to have root access...uh...but I do? Crikey.

Hit menu > settings, scroll to the bottom and hit About device/phone, then scroll that screen to the bottom. Then take your screen shot by pressing both Power and Home at the same time and hold them down for a couple of seconds until you hear the camera sound and see the screen shot animation.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

MattN03

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
press and hold power and home will give u a screenshot
I don't know why I'm struggling with this so much, however, does anyone know how I can take a screenshot if I'm using the ROM posted above?

I have tried everything and can't seem to get it figured out. I also downloaded some different screenshot programs from the play store, however, the ones I downloaded tell me I have to have root access...uh...but I do? Crikey.

blakew595

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site

Its either power+volume down
Or power+home

Sent from my SPH-D710

ReDDevil2112

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Home button + power button

Edit: sorry, I didn't realize there was another page where the question was already answered.

Sent from my Galaxy S II

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Hold power button and home button at same time to take screen shots if ur on the fk23 build

Sent from my totally awesome jellybeanerific S2 epic 4G touch using tapatalk!

Auberon Barnable

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I took the plunge and have been using JB for the past couple days. I'm just amazed how much smoother and faster and more stable JB is compared to ICS. If JB was Windows7 then ICS is craptastic Vista. It's pretty much identical to how it performed when I first got it with Honeycomb installed. I am now totally convinced that Samsung and/or Sprint are delaying its release to the GS2 so they can sell more GS3 phones.

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I took the plunge and have been using JB for the past couple days. I'm just amazed how much smoother and faster and more stable JB is compared to ICS. If JB was Windows7 then ICS is craptastic Vista. It's pretty much identical to how it performed when I first got it with Honeycomb installed. I am now totally convinced that Samsung and/or Sprint are delaying its release to the GS2 so they can sell more GS3 phones.

Everyone - including me - likes to fall back on that argument. Truth is it isn't approved yet by the testing parties. What is holding it up is not known - I can say there was a difference in FL04 that was worse than FK23 and now better in FL16. Without changelogs on each build it's hard to tell for certain.

jgmartinez71

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I just have a samsung galaxy s2 . i made a t mobile update and then I lost my operation system. How can I install the icecream sandwich from the sdcard. someone can help me.

Tsukiyomi

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
As I've just posted in the other thread for this, I've installed it and managed to do it with almost no complications. If I can do it, anyone can :)
Quick question though if this isn't in the wrong place - does anyone know how I can get the Touchwiz Weather/Clock (Accuweather) widget to show up in another launcher - specifically Go Launcher EX? Thanks!

EDIT: Battery life's taken a HUGE hit. I'm now down to 50% in 5hrs 36 mins. I did the full reset install so can't imagine a further reset would work. I'll try a few cycles and see if that helps. On the plus side, I LOVE JB itself

Oh and it seems I'm not the only one who had hopes for that Touchwiz Weather widget. Looks like I'll have to have to stick with Go Weather for now.

Last edited:

ReDDevil2112

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I didn't do this myself, but supposedly the "free" hotspot expires after a week or two, then you have to pay to keep using it. It's just a free trial period.

Sent from my Galaxy S II

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Question to those of you who are getting great battery life with this, did you go with the rooted or stock version?

Couple of things. After flashing a ROM it can sometimes take a couple full charging cycles for the battery gauge to settle in. Also, if you did not flash the full data wipe version, I'd suggest you do. It's always a good idea to start fresh when on a new OS base.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo