Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Global Posts
    1,457 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: WARNING!!! Do NOT update GSam Battery Monitor on your GS2!!! It will KILL it!!!

Explain futher on what happened. I looked at the app and out doesn't require root permissions which makes it impossible to damage the kernel or system. If what I'm gathering is right, all you had to do was factory reset without logging in to your google account.

Sent from my phone with an exteremly long name since Sprint has nothing better to do than troll the Android Universe, Samung Galaxy S II Epic 4G WiMAX Touch with Beats Audio and Gorilla Glass running Sammy's leak build FK23 (4.1.2) using Tapatalk.

Official OpenROM Developer
    Want to contribute to OpenROM? Click HERE.
    Want to view my personal GitHub? Click HERE.
    Thanked by:
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

Global Posts
    1,430 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: WARNING!!! Do NOT update GSam Battery Monitor on your GS2!!! It will KILL it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thenameisnigel View Post
    Explain futher on what happened. I looked at the app and out doesn't require root permissions which makes it impossible to damage the kernel or system. If what I'm gathering is right, all you had to do was factory reset without logging in to your google account.
    The dev is baffled as well, but it happened to me and two other users, so something happened.

How is a factory reset not supposed to wipe out my data, which is what I'm trying to avoid? "Just do a factory reset," is so easy for some to say; they must not actually have any apps and data on their phones. And then not log in? Um, why? You're telling me to erase my phone and then never set it up for use again. Yes, very helpful suggestion.
    "The OnePlus One is such a big black slab of power that if you dropped it down in the middle of a pack of monkeys, they'd start using weapons." - Dirk Belligerent.
    Devices: 64GB OnePlus One, 32GB Nexus 5, 16GB Nexus 7 (2013), 16GB Nexus 4, ASUS Transformer TF101, Kindle Fire, HP TouchPad (CM7)

Global Posts
    1,457 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by DirkBelig View Post
    The dev is baffled as well, but it happened to me and two other users, so something happened.

How is a factory reset not supposed to wipe out my data, which is what I'm trying to avoid? "Just do a factory reset," is so easy for some to say; they must not actually have any apps and data on their phones. And then not log in? Um, why? You're telling me to erase my phone and then never set it up for use again. Yes, very helpful suggestion.
    You've missed my point exactly. First, a factory reset would erase your data and apps , not anything on your sdcard , so you could've just downloaded an app to backup your sms, and apps you can just reinstall from the Play Store unless you got them from another source .

Sent from my phone with an exteremly long name since Sprint has nothing better to do than troll the Android Universe, Samung Galaxy S II Epic 4G WiMAX Touch with Beats Audio and Gorilla Glass running Sammy's leak build FK23 (4.1.2) using Tapatalk.

Official OpenROM Developer
    Want to contribute to OpenROM? Click HERE.
    Want to view my personal GitHub? Click HERE.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

Global Posts
    1,430 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Not sure why the fixing tips are all erased, but OK, I'll figure it out myself, I suppose.
    "The OnePlus One is such a big black slab of power that if you dropped it down in the middle of a pack of monkeys, they'd start using weapons." - Dirk Belligerent.
    Devices: 64GB OnePlus One, 32GB Nexus 5, 16GB Nexus 7 (2013), 16GB Nexus 4, ASUS Transformer TF101, Kindle Fire, HP TouchPad (CM7)
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  

Global Posts
    1,430 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I was able to slip Agat's recovery on via Odin 1.85 and make a nandroid. I then nuked the phone with a full restore+root and used Titanium to restore the apps, etc. It appears to have moved back most of my stuff, but a few odds and ends, especially the discontinued LWPs, didn't make it back. There's be some more cleanup needed, but at least it's not a paperweight.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Default Re: WARNING!!! GSam Battery Monitor on your GS2!!! It will KILL it!! (UPDATE: Better now.)

Awesome to hear. I just restored my friends ancient Samsung Captivate yesterday after he soft bricked it trying to update via Kies. I spent the better part of a day trying to get it working. I couldn't get Odin to recognize it. Then realized after much searching that Windows 8 usb drivers were the culprit. Plugged it into a windows 7 machine and I had it restored in 5 minutes. :banghead:

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12