Some things I can try?

Jeremy Ruzanski

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
So I left my phone unplugged last night... wi-fi on, from 1am - 730am I lost 30% battery... Then after Ann hour of Facebook and reddit surfing, I now have 25% battery left... 45 % drop in one hour... would that be considered normal drain? Screen set to auto... wi-fi used, fill strength, router 4feet away...

Seems like the battery isn't holding up. Has a slight bulge, but sprint said it tested fine?? I'm at a loss here...
Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Jeremy Ruzanski

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Just put the jb leak on a week ago... very minimal install of apps...

Always end running processes besides the app I'm using at the time... Seems like the screen is what is using the juice the most, even if I set screen to manual and crank it all the way down, it's brighter than the auto setting... I'm stumped... I figure the battery should last longer than a couple hours... if not, what's the point of having all this fancy stuff if I have to leave it on the table just sitting... frustrating.

Jeremy Ruzanski

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
On the bright side it charges to 50% in like 45 min... so I'm definitely thinking it's the battery itself...

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Try uninstalling Facebook and see if things improve.

Edit - yeah I'm suspecting its your battery too. When mine started going bad, one of the things I noticed was the phone would charge much faster than normal.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

adammcgovern

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, fb sucks in my opinion. A better alternative is friendcaster. However, that is still really high. There are a lot of things that affect batt life such as sync interval, wakelocks, updates. Dimming the screen is a big help being that the screen is so large but if you are draining out in a couple hours there is something else at work. One thing that you don't want to do is constantly kill processes that the system needs to run because they will just start back up and you will kill your battery a lot faster doing so. Good luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Jeremy Ruzanski

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
So tonight my screen starts flickering.. go from 80% to 60% to 0%... pop battery out.. back in.. 6%... back out longer... 20%.. flicker, shuts off... leave off for ten minutes... now 35% battery... and Sprint repair center says battery tested 100% good... uh...really.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
So tonight my screen starts flickering.. go from 80% to 60% to 0%... pop battery out.. back in.. 6%... back out longer... 20%.. flicker, shuts off... leave off for ten minutes... now 35% battery... and Sprint repair center says battery tested 100% good... uh...really.

Haha. Good ole Sprint techs. Yeah your battery is going. Mine was doing the same screen flicker and shut downs towards the end. I didn't even bother going to Sprint. It would have cost me more in gas and time than it did to replace it. $16 OEM battery from Amazon and all is well again.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I installed jb a week ago and my battery life is awesome and I'm over locked to 1.5 ghz still lasts all day

Sent from my totally awesome jellybeanerific S2 epic 4G touch using tapatalk!

Jeremy Ruzanski

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
So I ordered the cheapest battery I could find last night, and on a whim went back to the same Sprint store this morning... this repair guy didn't even test the battery... said yep, ics seems to have caused quite a few swollen batteries, don't have one here, send us one in the mail, should have it by Wed.... keep y'all up to date...

Jeremy Ruzanski

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
New battery is holding up great... so it seems the last couple months off degrading battery life was indeed the battery...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress