Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Transplanting microcodes

Does anyone have experience or tried transplanting microcodes from the s3 to this device from what I understand the processors are the same just ours is dual core and the s3 is quad I've done this on computers before but never tried on mobile devices curious to see if it would work.

Edit: microcodes are the codes for your cpu that program the amount of cores your cpu has.

Sent from my totally awesome jellybeanerific S2 epic 4G touch using tapatalk!
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Transplanting microcodes

Was just wondering with this post if anyone wanted to give it a try it'd be pretty sweet to get the s2 to be a quad core.

Default Re: Transplanting microcodes

Quote Originally Posted by slinkies View Post
    Does anyone have experience or tried transplanting microcodes from the s3 to this device from what I understand the processors are the same just ours is dual core and the s3 is quad I've done this on computers before but never tried on mobile devices curious to see if it would work.

Edit: microcodes are the codes for your cpu that program the amount of cores your cpu has.

I don't believe so. If you're that power hungry you can over clock, but that's risky business

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2