Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

Default So slow...

Not exactly sure when it started. Maybe it was when my phone upgraded to ICS. It at least started after that, which was a while ago. My phone is just so slow. Thought I'd clean out my phone to free up memory and the like but that hasn't really helped. Haven't changed any of my settings. It's like an older computer that lags under the weight of all the crap that's on it and changes to it's OS so you'd think about reinstalling the whole shebang.

Examples: Coming out of or going into an application seems to take a few seconds too long. Sometimes my touch buttons will take what seems like an eternity to light up and be accessible. And sometimes when typing out a text it takes a few seconds to catch up. Sooo...annoying.

Thoughts? Thanks!

Default Re: So slow...

Have you tried a factory reset my old viper did the same thing and a factory reset fixed it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Stock! (For now...)

Quote Originally Posted by JAROAM View Post
    Not exactly sure when it started. Maybe it was when my phone upgraded to ICS. It at least started after that, which was a while ago. My phone is just so slow. Thought I'd clean out my phone to free up memory and the like but that hasn't really helped. Haven't changed any of my settings. It's like an older computer that lags under the weight of all the crap that's on it and changes to it's OS so you'd think about reinstalling the whole shebang.

Examples: Coming out of or going into an application seems to take a few seconds too long. Sometimes my touch buttons will take what seems like an eternity to light up and be accessible. And sometimes when typing out a text it takes a few seconds to catch up. Sooo...annoying.

Thoughts? Thanks!
    JB is your friend. It is what ICS should have been.
    Just look and go for FK23 or FL16, FL04 seems to be a little wonky with battery use.
    Reach me on Twitter || Google+/Hangouts || Forums: XDA-Developers || RootzWiki

If you like the AOSP efforts and want to help get new devices on board, donations really help.
    Please continue to thank and support those who bring these great things to our devices!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slinkies View Post
    Have you tried a factory reset my old viper did the same thing and a factory reset fixed it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Won't that erase everything on my phone? Will I have to offload and then reload?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by garwynn View Post
    JB is your friend. It is what ICS should have been.
    Just look and go for FK23 or FL16, FL04 seems to be a little wonky with battery use.
    Um, call me stupid but I have no clue what you just said.

Won't that erase everything on my phone? Will I have to offload and then reload?
    To say it will "erase everything" is a little overstated, but doing a backup/restore is absolutely a good idea. It will erase most program data on the phone storage, but it should not erase your SD card. Anything stored in the "cloud" (e.g. Contacts, Calendar, etc) should come back once it reboots and connects, likewise all your apps should come back.

Um, call me stupid but I have no clue what you just said.
    JB is Jellybean the next Android release. there are "leaked" builds (FK23 etc) that you can install, and the preliminary reviews of JB are better than ICS.

Rob