My S II No longer Powers up

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday I downloaded Odin and attempted to root my S II. After Odin went thru its sequence, I had a yellow triangle and it would go no further. However it was allowing me back into odin mode. While I searched for a way to fix this the battery died, and now it will not power up. Only a blue light in the top right corner that does go off and on when I try the power and volume keys. Is this now a paperweight or can someone PLEASE point me in the right direction.

Thank you

HkDubJr

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Have u tried a factory data reset that should do the trick? I think u have to hold volume down and power at the same time or its volume up and power either one I can't remember which but one of those combos should get u to a factory data reset menu

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I have tried both combinations but I will try again I'm starting to think part of the problem may be a dead battery.

So if you plug it into the computer it goes into download mode. But if you try to get to download mode unplugged nothing happens correct?

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
No at this point when I plug it in nothing happens and when I try to get into download mode the blue light flashes in the top right corner. That is all I get.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
No at this point when I plug it in nothing happens and when I try to get into download mode the blue light flashes in the top right corner. That is all I get.

Try this remove the battery completely, plug in your phone but use a different USB port. with the battery still out press and hold Volume down and power to get you to download model. Tell me if this works at all.

Nigel is most likely correct though you will need a fully charged battery

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Try this remove the battery completely, plug in your phone but use a different USB port. with the battery still out press and hold Volume down and power to get you to download model. Tell me if this works at all.

Nigel is most likely correct though you will need a fully charged battery

No Nothing at all, I guess I am at a standstill until I can get a fresh battery tomorrow

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Any updates?

I finally scraped up enough to go and get a new battery today, I put it in the phone and let it charge for 3 full hours before I tried to power on. And when I tried to power on still the light blue light in the upper right hand corner no recovery or odin mode or anything. :'(

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
More than likely you're going to need another way to initially charge that battery.. that 3 hours may not have done anything.
If you know someone else with a S2 ask to see if they can charge... or a local sprint store, etc.
Since you're tight on cash I won't recommend an external charger as you probably won't need it after that.

Then once the battery is charged, go into download mode and flash FI27 Rooted Restore one click.
Just went through this with another guy on XDA and this is the one that brought him back to life.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
More than likely you're going to need another way to initially charge that battery.. that 3 hours may not have done anything.
If you know someone else with a S2 ask to see if they can charge... or a local sprint store, etc.
Since you're tight on cash I won't recommend an external charger as you probably won't need it after that.

Then once the battery is charged, go into download mode and flash FI27 Rooted Restore one click.
Just went through this with another guy on XDA and this is the one that brought him back to life.

Usually fresh batteries are at least half charged. o_O

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Thanks I will try that

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
OK I got an external battery charger, left the battery in it until the green light came on, popped it into the phone, and still just the flashing blue light in top right corner.

79adam79

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem with my LG Optimus T. I've searched every phone forum that I know of, and everyone that has had this issue ended up needing a new phone. I didn't attempt a root. My battery died and the screen froze when powering down. Now when I try to turn it on the LG logo appears and the backlight on the buttons flash a few times. I've tried every way of powering on, i.e. hard reset, no battery, etc and nothing works.

-Adam

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21