Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Yes...another battery question....

    How is it that I'm working on my phone at my desk with it plugged in and the battery drains faster than it charges? Insights?

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Yes...another battery question....

    Quote Originally Posted by jlmalone View Post
    How is it that I'm working on my phone at my desk with it plugged in and the battery drains faster than it charges? Insights?

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    bad charger or charger doesnt push out enough mA. the charger should push out at least 500 mA, better would be 1A.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Yes...another battery question....

    Is it plugged into a PC USB port or a wall outlet charger?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Yes...another battery question....

    Pc usb port

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
  5. #5  
    chrisingrassia's Avatar

    Posts
    135 Posts
    ROM
    UnNamed v.2.0.1

    Default Re: Yes...another battery question....

    Quote Originally Posted by jlmalone View Post
    Pc usb port

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    If I'm not mistaken (I'm no techie expert), USB ports are severaly undervoltaged and put out a far lower amount of power than an AC outlet. FAR lower.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Yes...another battery question....

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisingrassia View Post
    If I'm not mistaken (I'm no techie expert), USB ports are severaly undervoltaged and put out a far lower amount of power than an AC outlet. FAR lower.
    Pretty much this. I don't remember the exact output difference, but you can still drain the battery while plugged into a usb port with the screen on.

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Device: LG G2 (D800 - AT&T)
  7. #7  
    chrisingrassia's Avatar

    Posts
    135 Posts
    ROM
    UnNamed v.2.0.1

    Default Re: Yes...another battery question....

    Quote Originally Posted by JayWill72 View Post
    Pretty much this. I don't remember the exact output difference, but you can still drain the battery while plugged into a usb port with the screen on.

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    220, 221. Whatever it takes.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Yes...another battery question....

    Quote Originally Posted by jlmalone View Post
    Pc usb port

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    I would recommend that you use a wall charger with an output rated for 1 A (Ampere) or more. The computer USB port is likely rated for around 300-350 mA (milliamperes) while your phone is drawing upwards of 400 milliamperes while in use.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Yes...another battery question....

    Thanks!

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Yes...another battery question....

    FWIW, not only have I noticed that issue with non-stock chargers (wall AND car) but also with an older usb extension I put in-line between the stock wall charger and stock usb cord. I'm not sure if that usb extension was even a "2.0" cable or if the pinouts are incorrect, etc... I had it laying around. But I tried a different usb extension and it works fine and charges fast.

    Kind of just illustrates that our phones are quite picky with what power we supply them. I also had to ditch a car charger that was rated at 1.0 amp supposedly because of this drain you speak of.

    Sent from my Samsung GS2 using Tapatalk 2

Similar Threads

  1. Yet another battery question
    By av1atrx in forum Sprint Galaxy S3
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-18-2012, 10:14 PM
  2. Another battery question
    By McPlot in forum Sprint Galaxy S3
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-07-2012, 04:37 PM
  3. Yet another battery question....
    By zstern23 in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-23-2011, 06:26 PM
  4. Another battery question - juice defender or 2x battery
    By mpetruzz in forum Verizon HTC Rezound
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-22-2011, 11:15 AM
  5. yet another battery question
    By deandino2359 in forum HTC EVO 3D
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-20-2011, 10:36 AM

Posting Permissions