1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Crashing and freezing....all the time!

I've had my phone for a while now and I upgraded to IceCream Sandwich when it first came out OTA. just recently I've had some issues were no matter what I do it crashes or freezes, anything from opening a text message to opening apps, any app really, it will come to a black screen and the only thing showing is the time and battery indicator. there have been some issues to where it shows the ID has stopped.

do you think I might have a virus or should I just do a factory reset I've already tried restarting the phone and taking the battery out, no luck. Thanks everyone!

ROM
    Stock! (For now...)

Default Re: Crashing and freezing....all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by rrollar View Post
    I've had my phone for a while now and I upgraded to IceCream Sandwich when it first came out OTA. just recently I've had some issues were no matter what I do it crashes or freezes, anything from opening a text message to opening apps, any app really, it will come to a black screen and the only thing showing is the time and battery indicator. there have been some issues to where it shows the ID has stopped.

do you think I might have a virus or should I just do a factory reset I've already tried restarting the phone and taking the battery out, no luck. Thanks everyone!
    There could be a few factors here. Found in my case it was the older Tapatalk app that I was using was the main cause.

If you can, go pure stock JB - Rooted or not. Don't set up any accounts or apps and give it a day. If it still acts up you'll want to take it to Sprint. If not then you'll need to begin a process of elimination to find the cause and resolve it.
    Reach me on Twitter || Google+/Hangouts || Forums: XDA-Developers || RootzWiki

If you like the AOSP efforts and want to help get new devices on board, donations really help.
    Please continue to thank and support those who bring these great things to our devices!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Crashing and freezing....all the time!

Thanks for your help! I did have to eventually take my phone into the sprint store on my lunch break.they had to do a hard reset, but it fixed the issues i was having. I have to re-setup my phone to my liking, but is totally worth it not having my phone freeze up after i try doing just about anything. Thanks again.