Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Crashing and freezing....all the time!

I've had my phone for a while now and I upgraded to IceCream Sandwich when it first came out OTA. just recently I've had some issues were no matter what I do it crashes or freezes, anything from opening a text message to opening apps, any app really, it will come to a black screen and the only thing showing is the time and battery indicator. there have been some issues to where it shows the ID has stopped.

do you think I might have a virus or should I just do a factory reset I've already tried restarting the phone and taking the battery out, no luck. Thanks everyone!

Carrier
    Stock! (For now...)

Default Re: Crashing and freezing....all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by rrollar View Post
    I've had my phone for a while now and I upgraded to IceCream Sandwich when it first came out OTA. just recently I've had some issues were no matter what I do it crashes or freezes, anything from opening a text message to opening apps, any app really, it will come to a black screen and the only thing showing is the time and battery indicator. there have been some issues to where it shows the ID has stopped.

do you think I might have a virus or should I just do a factory reset I've already tried restarting the phone and taking the battery out, no luck. Thanks everyone!
    There could be a few factors here. Found in my case it was the older Tapatalk app that I was using was the main cause.

If you can, go pure stock JB - Rooted or not. Don't set up any accounts or apps and give it a day. If it still acts up you'll want to take it to Sprint. If not then you'll need to begin a process of elimination to find the cause and resolve it.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Crashing and freezing....all the time!

Thanks for your help! I did have to eventually take my phone into the sprint store on my lunch break.they had to do a hard reset, but it fixed the issues i was having. I have to re-setup my phone to my liking, but is totally worth it not having my phone freeze up after i try doing just about anything. Thanks again.