Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Rooting Virgin Mobile's Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch??

Is it possible to root the recently released Samsung Galaxy S2 yet from Virgin Mobile? I was searching online and I've read that it is possible but I haven't heard of anyone who's done it. Also, if I were to root my phone, I know that it voids the warranty or whatever, but if I needed to use the warranty, how can I hide the root? If that makes sense.

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Rooting Virgin Mobile's Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch??

Idk much about rooting that phone but as for the warranty... when I had to use mine for sprint. I just odined it back to stock

Sent from my JellyBean Epic Touchy Goodness
    BlackBerry 8130_Nextel i880_BlackBerry 8330_HTC Hero_Samsung S1_Motorola Photon_Samsung S2_Samsung S4

ROM
    Stock! (For now...)

Quote Originally Posted by MaRz0o View Post
    Is it possible to root the recently released Samsung Galaxy S2 yet from Virgin Mobile? I was searching online and I've read that it is possible but I haven't heard of anyone who's done it. Also, if I were to root my phone, I know that it voids the warranty or whatever, but if I needed to use the warranty, how can I hide the root? If that makes sense.
    Virgin Galaxy S II 4G Android Development

ICS only for now... though I know official JB is in the works and hopefully will be leaked soon. (Last build 12/28)
    Reach me on Twitter || Google+/Hangouts || Forums: XDA-Developers || RootzWiki

If you like the AOSP efforts and want to help get new devices on board, donations really help.
    Please continue to thank and support those who bring these great things to our devices!

ROM
    Stock! (For now...)

Psst...

Rooting Virgin Mobile's Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch??-uploadfromtaptalk1357362841838.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

If you like the AOSP efforts and want to help get new devices on board, donations really help.
    Please continue to thank and support those who bring these great things to our devices!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by garwynn View Post
    Psst...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1357362841838.jpg 
Views:	800 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	55783

Is that!? Jelly Bean!? Cool. Well the thing is, I was reading that someone people were having trouble with the root and that it caused some problems. I'll probably wait for a more efficient method like Gingerbreak when I was back on my LG Optimus V.

ROM
    Stock! (For now...)

If they're doing a long way maybe... these will be coming in one click root pcks just like fj12 and sprint

Yes, we have rooted
    http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?t=653481

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Stock! (For now...)

Quote Originally Posted by TheBritton View Post
    Yes, we have rooted
    http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?t=653481

Yes, that's the root method we use to make one click Odin packages. Those packages are generally easier for everyone since you do one flash and done.

On a side note, I am setting up a build box where hopefully we can bring a copy of Agat's repack to Boost and Virgin.

Thanked by:

Wanted to let everyone here know.. we have CM10/ParanoidAndroid running with everything working including 3G, 4G, and MMS on this device

http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?t=673195

Ok I'm not sure what I did wrong but I now have root access but didn't flash the new ROM. It's like I got root but still have the same ROM and everything else

Loving it. I mean what could be better than a one click where you only have to charge your phone scan a qr reboot and keep it moving? Right, nothing. Thanks to all dev's who got this up and running without having to alter from stock just to get SU access.

framaroot one click