Blue LED for Mail since JB

Tsukiyomi

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else had this? Been running JB as per this thread http://forums.androidcentral.com/ep...10-fk23-fk23-modem-kernel-rom-root-stock.html and other than the usual high battery drain (that seems to happen every single time I put any sort of update on this phone) I've noticed that my LED behaviour has changed.

On GB and ICS I was getting a red LED for charging and incoming mail notifications and blue for full charge & FB notifications. Now it's just blue for all notifications and red while charging. I know it's not a big problem but I'd like it back the way it was. A factory reset didn't help and besides, I did a full data wipe install when I put JB on there. I've also tried pulling the battery and replacing it after 10 minutes just to see if that worked.

BTW I'm using Go Launcher EX but I've found that the same happens if I revert back to Touchwiz. Also, it's doing the same for both Gmail and 'regular' email accounts

Last edited:

chrisingrassia

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else had this? Been running JB as per this thread http://forums.androidcentral.com/ep...10-fk23-fk23-modem-kernel-rom-root-stock.html and other than the usual high battery drain (that seems to happen every single time I put any sort of update on this phone) I've noticed that my LED behaviour has changed.

On GB and ICS I was getting a red LED for charging and incoming mail notifications and blue for full charge & FB notifications. Now it's just blue for all notifications and red while charging. I know it's not a big problem but I'd like it back the way it was. A factory reset didn't help and besides, I did a full data wipe install when I put JB on there. I've also tried pulling the battery and replacing it after 10 minutes just to see if that worked.

BTW I'm using Go Launcher EX but I've found that the same happens if I revert back to Touchwiz. Also, it's doing the same for both Gmail and 'regular' email accounts

Check your Connections Optimizer for the battery drain. As for the LEDs, mine are the same. I'm guessing that's the code written for JB now. I know I can change the LED setting for texts with Go SMS, but I don't think you can tinker with the LED for email.

Tsukiyomi

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for that. I'll have to check my Go SMS settings, I hadn't though about looking for a setting just for the texts (although the emails were originally my main gripe - until you reminded me about messaging, lol). As for the Connections Optimizer, mine's greyed out.

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site

Notifications (thankfully) changed in JB. You can see the options in Display if I remember correctly...

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2