Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Exclamation Phone keeps RESTARTING! HELP NEEDED!

Hey, I'm pretty new to Android. Just got this S2 (first Android phone) about 1.5 weeks ago. I've been reading this forum, and as soon as I got the phone, I chose to install a full restore version of [ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-D710 FL16 (FL16 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Root. So I cannot say if I would have had this problem without flashing this rooted ROM.

I have been noticing that often 60%-70% of the times that I hit the power button to turn on or off the screen of my phone it just restarts instead. I don't press and HOLD it. I don't press it with a lot of pressure. It doesn't appear to be "stuck". It still works occasionally.

Sometimes I press the power button to turn on/off the phone but it does not do so or at least does not do so for a little it so I press it again and boom it restarts again.

It's becoming a rather annoying to say the least. If there are any solutions to resolving this please tell me! If you have any questions for me or want a list of apps, etc. please ask so that I can help you guys help me

I don't know if it's hardware or software.

Thank you!!

Default Re: Phone keeps RESTARTING! HELP NEEDED!

Downgrade to FI27 or EL29.

I found that I have random reboots on FL16 as well, for no apparent reason. And no amount of clearing cache and restoring or not restoring apps fixes it.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Default Re: Phone keeps RESTARTING! HELP NEEDED!

Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Downgrade to FI27 or EL29.

I found that I have random reboots on FL16 as well, for no apparent reason. And no amount of clearing cache and restoring or not restoring apps fixes it.
    Oh okay, thank you for the suggestion. I'll try that and hopefully it'll fix my problems. =)