Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree9Likes

ROM
    SGS2= Rooted FF18

Default Re: Sprint pushing FL24

Short term update....so far battery life actually seems BETTER. Weird.

It took awhile, but this update finally pushed to my phone this morning. 3/3

Seemed like forever to get this update...but it finally came this week. The jury is still out on Connections Optimizer. At times it seems to be logical however, wifi pops on and off when I'm driving down the interstate...and the 4G WiMAX lights up in areas where I know there is no WiMAX...does that mean the antenna picked up a faint, random 4g signal? I will give it a few more workdays to see if I find any benefit...otherwise, I'm shutting it off.

I didn't get that memo.

Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch using Android Central Forums

ROM
    SGS2= Rooted FF18

Well, it's 03-03 and after having the update for a week or so, the phone acts "normal" with nary a random reboot. And the battery life still seems better than the last update......so far so good.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #56  

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

So are you using the connections optimizer? I had to turn it off - it seemed to be really draining the battery.

ROM
    SGS2= Rooted FF18

I just checked and it appears to be on.....by default. The only issue I have been having is 4G keeps turning on and there is NO 4G around me. Otherwise, all is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by packhntr View Post
    I just checked and it appears to be on.....by default. The only issue I have been having is 4G keeps turning on and there is NO 4G around me. Otherwise, all is fine.
    Same thing was happening to me. I turned off the connections optimizer and that seemed to have taken care of the issue. I do have a problem with Sprint ID failure error messages though.

ROM
    SGS2= Rooted FF18

Well, I went ahead and turned it off. It kept killing my 3G and trying to activate 4G and kept pinging wifi. Really anoying.

Does anyone have FoxFi working with FL24 or know of a similar app for tethering?

Quote Originally Posted by MattN03 View Post
    I do have a problem with Sprint ID failure error messages though.
    This can be corrected by opening the Play Store, pressing the menu button, choosing settings, then unchecking auto-add widgets. That's how I got my phone to quit giving me that annoying Sprint ID message.
    Oh Yeah?! Well, my mom thinks I'm cool!
    MattN03 likes this.

My SII refuses to update to FL24. I had tried to force the update a few weeks ago since my area (Las Vegas) hadn't received it yet. I downloaded it to my external card, but every time I tried to update it, it got about halfway through and the droid toppled over with the red triangle over his chest. I wiped the Google Services Framework app, but when it downloads the update, and then I do the restart and updated, it goes into the droid starting the update, then goes into a DOS looking screen, the Android system recovery <3e>. In the lower portion of the screen, it says E:Error in /cache and then the FL24 update file (a zip file), (Status 7) and installation aborted. I dug through the file hierarchy to wipe out the cache but had the same results.

I've tried every option outside of wiping out the phone and starting from scratch, which I just don't want to do. Any help would be appreciated!
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #63  

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

Is your phone stock or rooted? The update zip will not work with a rooted device.

Quote Originally Posted by 13curly View Post
    Is your phone stock or rooted? The update zip will not work with a rooted device.
    Stock.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123