Sprint pushing FL24

dev2nsu

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Settings -> applications -> all -> Google services framework. Clear data. Wait 5 minutes. Settings, system updates, update Samsung software.

Voila, you will now update ota. Sometimes I have to do it twice for it to take.

This worked for me after two clearings. Amazing! Thanks

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

arlimes

May 24, 2012
Visit site
My phone downloaded update. Clicked reboot and install but it didnt update in info page?

zackmack7

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Didn't work for me. Should we be on Sprint networks when we do this (as opposed to Wi-Fi) or does it not matter?

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
This update gets a good review from me. The first thing I noticed was faster, smoother UI rendering. For some reason the last release was unusually jerky and slow for me, but that seems to be fixed. Even better is that whatever was causing the Android system services to thrash more than they should has now settled down. My battery life is improved and a higher percentage of my battery usage is just from the screen being on. Less drain when I'm using the phone and very little when I'm not. Gotta be pleased with everything working smoothly.

SpikedKnight

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know how this affects rooted phones? Always say "never OTA with root".

(clockwork mod 5.0.2.7 & FI27. Honestly I rooted a while back and once I found a set up that I liked, I haven't messed w/ it. Since then I rooted my A500, and a DroidX, and now my memory is clouded on the details on my epic touch)

arlimes

May 24, 2012
Visit site
Still wont apply. Could it be due to root and ota? And if so will sprint store update it with it being rooted?(which means i need to uninstall wifi )

enloeeagle

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I apologize if this question is misplaced, but I have been running the GA10 leak (unrooted) for a few weeks, and I was wondering if I will still be able to receive the OTA/Kies update to Jellybean when Sprint releases their official update.

- - - Updated - - -

I apologize if this question is misplaced, but I have been running the GA10 leak (unrooted) for a few weeks, and I was wondering if I will still be able to receive the OTA/Kies update to Jellybean when Sprint releases their official update.

kb64

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I got the FL24 update this morning, so far so good.

13curly

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
It is my understanding that FL24 is for stock only. If you are rooted and have made any modifications, you will not receive OTA. I also understand that Sprint will not update if you are rooted.

Please check in the appropriate root thread to find out how to return to stock to get the update.

packhntr

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm...I have tried to "force" the update per the above listed process, but the only thing that occurs is I get a message "Session in progress" and then it just sits there......nothing happens. I check it with KIES and it says that I have the latest software (FI27). Ideas? I am not rooted or modded...anymore..the last OTA unrooted me and I never bothered to re-root.

kb64

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
So far FL24 has not improved battery life (unable to get much over 14 hours). New tonight a very hot battery. I have never had this happen before so assume It is tied to the update. Hope I get JB soon.

kb64

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Had to pull the battery this morning as my phone went nuts. Went from 100% charge down to 83% in about 5 min. Also started getting hot again. When I go to settings to check what is using battery it changes every time I look. Right now it shows the screen as number 1 at 21%. Usually Android system is #1. I think I will run out to the Sprint store and see what they have to say.

cqpearson

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Gadd awwmighty! Battery down to 35% before noon. Listened to several songs, no texts, read a couple of emails, downloaded 2 apps. Sure there is an adjustment period but this is truly different! Factory Reset may be in order.

Most are news watchers, others are news makers.

13curly

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
I found that the Sprint Connection Optimizer was killing my battery, so I turned it off. Give that a try. You might also want to check the battery for bulging.

To turn off the Optimizer, go to settings, mobile networks, connections optimizer, uncheck Sprint Connections Optimizer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad