Sprint pushing FL24

kb64

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Went out to the Sprint store yesterday and the tech said this latest update has caused all kinds of problems. She did a factory reset and flashed the update and so far working fine. She told me if it acts up again she will order me a new phone. fingers are crossed.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Hawaiian_Geek

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Went out to the Sprint store yesterday and the tech said this latest update has caused all kinds of problems. She did a factory reset and flashed the update and so far working fine. She told me if it acts up again she will order me a new phone. fingers are crossed.

Just FYI Sprint will not give you a new phone, they'll get a refurbished one from Samsung. I had probs with one of the earlier updates and it screwed up the phone badly. Sprint told me they only replace with refurbished phone from Samsung. I believe that's part of the insurance plan if you have one.

zackmack7

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Finally got it.
So the things I noticed are:
1. Very very slight battery life improvement. It wasn't as bad as it used to be, for the reason below.
2. Connections Optimizer - this thing was slighty annoying at first because I didnt know why my 4G or Wifi would trurn on randomly. But I guess this is a decent feature, it might acually help battery life.
3. Smoother UI and just whipping through menus is easier.

Other than that, I don't really see anything different. Besides preparing us for Jelly Bean, what does this update actually do?

LS14EVR

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I see they still can't get it right almost a year later. So glad I'm still rocking GB. Oh and to the person hoping to get their phone replaced. Good luck with that. I got mine replaced and it's a refurb. It's got all kinds of glitches. I'm so done with Sprint and their half a$$ updates. Leaving when my contract is up.

Hawaiian_Geek

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Got the update a few days ago. I have to admit the battery life has improved a bit more. Installed the update then did a factory reset & then pulled the battery. No issues so far as I can tell. :)

Hawaiian_Geek

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Did it clear you data at all? :-\

I cleared everything.....I removed my micro SD card before I did the update....I didn't reinstall it until after I did the factory reset....My contacts are saved in Google acct. so all I had to do was set ph to sync to google acct. to get my contacts back on phone.....if you got pictures on your phone just back them up to micro SD card or to your computer.....my pictures saved to phone weren't deleted after the update and factory reset....I just wanted to be safe and backed up pictures/wallpapers to micro SD card just in case.....

kb64

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
It has been a week now and my phone is working very well. Battery use is pretty good and the phone works very smoothly. I am using it a lot more as my old laptop went belly up. I have no complaints now and I am happy with this phone, and the service from sprint.

packhntr

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Well, FL24 just got pushed onto me this morning. Uploaded and "upgraded" ok...fairly quickly actually. I will advise how it performes over teh next few days. So far, uneventful

dm3ready

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Seemed like forever to get this update...but it finally came this week. The jury is still out on Connections Optimizer. At times it seems to be logical however, wifi pops on and off when I'm driving down the interstate...and the 4G WiMAX lights up in areas where I know there is no WiMAX...does that mean the antenna picked up a faint, random 4g signal? I will give it a few more workdays to see if I find any benefit...otherwise, I'm shutting it off.

packhntr

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Well, it's 03-03 and after having the update for a week or so, the phone acts "normal" with nary a random reboot. And the battery life still seems better than the last update......so far so good.

13curly

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
So are you using the connections optimizer? I had to turn it off - it seemed to be really draining the battery.

packhntr

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I just checked and it appears to be on.....by default. The only issue I have been having is 4G keeps turning on and there is NO 4G around me. Otherwise, all is fine.

MattN03

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I just checked and it appears to be on.....by default. The only issue I have been having is 4G keeps turning on and there is NO 4G around me. Otherwise, all is fine.

Same thing was happening to me. I turned off the connections optimizer and that seemed to have taken care of the issue. I do have a problem with Sprint ID failure error messages though.

packhntr

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Well, I went ahead and turned it off. It kept killing my 3G and trying to activate 4G and kept pinging wifi. Really anoying.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt