HELP - Battery Drain - Battery Life - with using Jellybean
05-05-2013 12:43 AM
- Im new to this posting & forum stuff so please bare with me! lol
I recently purchased my 2nd Samsung Galaxy s2 Epic 4g touch on the sprint network. This phone different from my last though has Jelly bean. Ive noticed that my battery drains A LOT faster then before on myprevious phone. And this is without a lot of usuage, no video, no gaming, not on it for hours on end. I get on to check my email every so often, check facebook if i have an alert but texting is what i use most of the time even then i am not on it constantly for hours on end. Even sitting not using it within 2 hours give or take it is drained & down to 20% or less & will die totally within a few min. Not sure if this has to do with the Jellybean or maybe a bad battery ( which i have tried 2 different ones that came with the phone & both do this). But im having to constantly charge my phone & i can't go anywhere & be out for a day without it dieing within 2-3 hours max. I do have the power saving mode enable . Any tips, suggestions, extended batteries, ANYTHING?!? Im clueless but this is driving me crazy. I can unplug my phone from charging at night around 7 am & with moderate usage texting maybe checking my emails once or so by 9 am or 10am its dead. I never had this bad of a problem with my other phone. Id have to charge it maybe around 2-3 pm with the same usuage im using my one right now & itd be fine for the rest of the day. But im very active & i can't always be inside or around a charger charging my phone all day but i like to have it with me. And i do follow the power saving tips they tell you such as turn off GPS, turn on WIFI when available, etc. I'm not a tech wiz or anything either just a normal everyday user. So any tips, suggestions, extended batteries, etc would be great!! thank you!!01-21-2013 02:26 PM
- How is your signal? Are you staying connected to 4g or wifi? I get terrible battery life when my phone is trying to pull data when only a crappy 3g signal is available.
I live in Arlington Texas, smack dab between Fort Worth and Dallas... you'd think Sprint would have a decent cell tower setup by now... our if it isn't that, then it's this phone's internal antenna...
I had poor battery life after I flashed jellybean, but that was due to my battery being old and tired.
Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums01-21-2013 10:10 PM
- What JB Build are you running?
I was having very poor battery life with the different JB Roms until I installed FL16.
Since I installed FL16, my battery has been very good. My standby time is over 24hrs and with my moderate use I can run it all day before I put it on the charger at night.01-22-2013 03:13 AM
- I had the same issues too, use the app in my post here:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/spr...ml#post253850801-22-2013 01:44 PM
That's not how it works, If you're using it, make sure that your mobile settings are correct and that you don't have "airplane" mode selected in the app. By default "aiplane" mode should not be selected. Calls and texts are about the only thing that are always on. I can personally testify that I get all calls and texts during the use of this app."During deepsleep mode, Wifi, 3G are turned off, background apps are stopped. Therefore, most apps are not working, including Facebook, Google Service, etc,. It then constantly wakes up in order to download email, sync Facebook status, etc,. It's defined by deepsleep frequency and woke up duration
In advanced mode (PRO), you can customize more parameters, including day/night settings, active period, screen timeout, sync strategy, ignored apps, etc,"
I purchased the Pro version and on weekdays I have it set to check and sync every half hour. On the weekends I have it set to check every hour. You can even whitelist any app you want.01-23-2013 01:57 PM
- I'm surprised to hear some of you are having issues with JB battery life. Mine is stellar. I have to think it's App or possibly signal related. You may also want to consider the possibility of a degrading battery, and pick up a cheap on somewhere as a test. Here are screen shots of my battery on a day this weekend. This was a day of heavy use, with a ton of Internet browsing on white background pages over wifi.
As you can see, I got 12 hours out of it with almost 5 hours of screen on time. This is the stock JB ROM leak with no battery saving tweaks.
Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 201-28-2013 11:07 AM
- No matter what, if you're on Sprint and only have 3G the battery will take a hit.
You can try rooting/roms, disabling background sync of Google Currents, not download Facebook, etc... Battery is still going to drain, lol.
I just received 2 batteries and 2 Universal chargers in the mail a few minutes ago ($13.00 from Amazon), so I no longer have to freak out when I'm out and about or traveling. This is the benefit of having a phone with replaceable battery, hence why I haven't jumped on the Nexus 4 bandwagon.
Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 201-28-2013 01:41 PM
- Jay is on point, rouge apps and low signal add degrading old battery and you have a recipe for db syndrome, . Op does not mention "new" on second phone, so if used with used batteries, you can figure it out.
When I upgraded to JB I got a new battery, and this phone feels like new again.
My battery life is comparable to Gb El29.
To you via Jelly Bean filled Epic Touch.01-29-2013 11:19 AM
- I have had my Galaxy S2 for a year and the battery lasted at least 5 days without charging but since my phone updated to jelly bean V4.1.2 I am lucky my phone lasts 24 hours. I have noticed a lot of new features but is there anything I should be aware of? I have also seen a new version 4.2.2 which appears to be called paranoid android is this to replace 4.1.2? Any help is appreciated03-31-2013 04:16 PM
- Regardless of GB, ICS, or JB... The E4GT just doesn't have great battery life, even under optimal conditions. I believe it's due to a combination of many being in marginal signal areas (making the battery work harder) and relying on 3G or power hungry WiMax 4G for data.
The best fix I've found is installing and (most importantly) properly setting up Juice Defender Ultimate. It takes a little reading to dial-in the proper settings, but it is well worth it in the end. I started with Juice Defender (JD) when I got the E4GT running on GB, and all was well. Once we went to ICS, JD was a bit flaky, but so was the rest of my phone. Now, after installing and running JB GB27 for over a week, I am happy to report that Juice Defender is working very well and saving me a great deal of battery power. If you want to "try before you buy" (Ultimate), I recommend installing the latest free beta version in the Play store (3.94) or go to the dev's website, where you can side-load the latest beta (3.96). I'm running 3.96 and was able to unlock all the "Ultimate" features once I purchased "Ultimate" from the Play store. Best of luck!04-02-2013 11:35 AM
- I have absolute no Sprint service at my house, on wifi all the time, and terrible battery life (even new battery). I noticed today when I was visiting a friend 3 miles from my house that I had full service and barely any battery usage, so there's my sign.04-02-2013 03:06 PM
Sprint AIRAVE Wireless In-Home Signal Booster for Voice & Data04-02-2013 06:10 PM
- 04-03-2013 09:41 AM
- You may want to review this thread on the sprint.com forums:
Sprint Community: Samsung Galaxy S2 V4.0.4 FI27 Shuts Down Randomly
Basically what it says is that if you can take your battery out and spin it on a flat surface you have a bad battery. An example of what this looks like is here:
Samsung Epic 4G Touch battery issue - YouTube
You can buy a replacement battery on amazon, I picked up this one and it is fantastic:
Amazon.com: Trexcell Samsung Epic Touch 4G SPH-D710 3800mah Extended Battery + Cover (Compatible ONLY with SPRINT Epic Touch Phone): Cell Phones & Accessories04-05-2013 04:09 PM
- Hiii, guys its me seenaz, im a android user since 1.year.now i have galaxy s2 gti 9100, which i upgraded to jelly bean 4.1.2.since i upgrade from ics to jelly bean i feel my battery is draini g too much e ven when not in use while sleep mode. Now i free of tension because i findout root cause of it and find the real solution too. I hope who eve r getting this battery problem will solved with my idea so this is my real experiances and so im going to let u know all the andriod user. Just follow 4 to 5 guidelines.
Berore im using this guideline my battry was draining 10 to 15 percent every hour on standby. Now after using some of this guide my battery only decreas 5 to 6 percent in one hour while on standby mode. Which means double the battery power so simply goes to atleast 15 to 20 hour can be use normally.
Tips1:with jellybean update u may be update ur googlr search menu for google now. Which is real battery hunter. So go to menu, google search, goto option, setting u will see google now turn on/off tuggle bar simply turn it off and come out of it.
2:go to phone setting, location services, uncheck all three search option, wirelless, google search and gps.
Simply download go power master 3.2apps from goole market and launch it. Click on smart option, go all down u will see screen off optimization option, clcik on it u will see on / off bar. Simply turn it on.
4:if ur more wifi user, using less mobile data, u can set ur network mode on 2g or gsm only.
4: turn off data network when not using internet and turn off auto sync too.
Too get more juice of baattery u can use Juice defender ultimate applicain which paid apps on google store but i have idea to download this paid apps on free. To do so first u have to go to ur phone setting, look for unknown application source option and check the box. Comd out of setting. Then go to web address: m.aptoide.com/installer u see download option click on it and install it and launch the program. Then search for juice defender ultimate, u see message no applicatio found. Down of this message u can see serch application for another store u click on that tab then u automatically ask for go to browser and search it u can see that named application on web page click on app s and instaall it.
After that u launch program and choose the option on " balanced"and make it confirm. U can choose ur best suited setting from yhis apps
Thank u. I hope this thread help all of android user to get more battery power. If it really works pls give me feedbak. This trick totally help me using my s2 mobile on jelly bean firmware thanks05-05-2013 12:43 AM
- Samsung Android Phones
- Samsung Galaxy S2
- Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
HELP - Battery Drain - Battery Life - with using Jellybean
- By XChrisX in forum AT&T Galaxy S IIIReplies: 11Last Post: 07-18-2012, 11:59 PM
- By rhittle in forum AT&T Samsung InfuseReplies: 8Last Post: 07-17-2011, 06:45 PM
- By rhittle in forum AT&T Samsung InfuseReplies: 0Last Post: 07-12-2011, 05:39 PM
- By tboltuser in forum Thunderbolt Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 31Last Post: 06-04-2011, 06:23 PM
- By hcole623 in forum Incredible Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 12-06-2010, 09:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD