Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default text message when I someone leaves a voice message

Can anyone explain why I get a weird text message when someone leaves a voice message for me on my sprint phone? What happened to the simple icon that told me I have a voice message and I call my phone number to receive it not some unknown number left in a text message?

Default Re: text message when I someone leaves a voice message

Did you install google voice? Are you rooted? Mine did the same thing when i rooted and installed google voice. It was very annoying. I don't know about a fix. Just thought i would ask a couple questions.

If you have Google Voice you probably set it up to take over your voice mail. You can change that back to Sprint or you can leave it with GVoice and change how it notifies you about messages.

Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    Can anyone explain why I get a weird text message when someone leaves a voice message for me on my sprint phone? What happened to the simple icon that told me I have a voice message and I call my phone number to receive it not some unknown number left in a text message?
    Got a better answer based on an assumption usually true. GoSMS is installed and you have not turned off the advanced setting for taking over other messages.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk HD

I was told by Sprint that that is a preinstalled voicemail app on the GS2. They give you a trial for a month and frankly it's pure crap. Unless the person speaks slowly and enunciates clearly it garbles the message. There's no way to remove that I know of. It's on the GS3 as well. Awful app.
    If you don't stand up for something you'll fall for anything...