- 87 Posts
Forgive me if this is repetitive, but...
Is there anywhere that says exactly how rooting is done? I've had an android phone for a while now and I haven't felt the need but I'm kind of itching now and I'm a total newb, seriously no idea how rooting is done. If anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it!If you don't stand up for something you'll fall for anything...
- 01-31-2013, 08:33 PM #2
- 18 Posts
Re: Forgive me if this is repetitive, but...
The easiest method is to use the one-click method via PC with the appropriate exe file for the ROM version you would like to use. Go to Rwilco 12's website and download the rooted version of the one-click ROM file to your PC and read the step-by-step tutorial associated with it. It is totally up to you which Android version, however, I recommend the GA10 rooted/restore exe file. This latest leaked JB ROM will automatically root your device upon flashing, but will also wipe your device allowing for a fresh and clean install. My suggestion to you is to read all you can in the forums in regards to your device (I'm assuming you have a Sprint GSll) prior to attempting any type of mods, including rooting. On the above mentioned website, you will find very helpful tutorials in regards to rooting your device and flashing ROMs, kernels, etc. and the various file formats that contain them.
Sent from: deodexed and stripped GA10 w/Agats GA10 recovery E4GT
- 01-31-2013, 09:56 PM #3
Re: Forgive me if this is repetitive, but...Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch running CyanogenMod 10
- By mgindi26 in forum Droid RAZR MAXXReplies: 27Last Post: 06-19-2012, 12:38 PM
- By plmiller0905 in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 10Last Post: 07-13-2011, 06:01 PM
- By shawn5678 in forum General Android Device ChatReplies: 0Last Post: 05-10-2011, 04:02 PM
- By joek1971 in forum Other OS's and DevicesReplies: 11Last Post: 06-06-2010, 07:56 AM
- By MannyZ28 in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 8Last Post: 05-02-2010, 12:03 AM