Gorilla Glass--or, how sturdy are these things? What's the safest way to carry it around with me?

Dark Penguin

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I notice in the specifications that this phone has a Gorilla Glass screen, and since I'm about to have two of them delivered, I'm curious about how sturdy they are. I've lost count of how many times I've dropped my current, non-Gorilla Glass equipped device, generally from about waist height onto a hardwood floor, or pavement. Usually, the battery cover has popped off and with it, sometimes, the battery. Yet it never failed to continue working after I put it back together--and that, as I said, has been without the protection of Gorilla Glass.

So how is the Samsung Galaxy line in this regard? While I'm not about to run impact stress tests from my third floor terrace, will it hold up under the typical butter-fingered scenario described above? Does Gorilla Glass break? If iPhones come with Gorilla Glass, then I know the answer to that question is yes. And aside from the possibility of impact, will it break if I have it in a back pocket and accidently sit on it?

The truth is, I'm not entirely sure how I will carry this thing around with me. It seems to me that most women carry their mobile devices in their purses, and most men carry theirs in their front pockets; and nobody, anymore, seems to use those clip-on holsters that you put on your belt or fasten to a pocket. I don't know if they even make them to fit this device. But on the other hand I've never been comfortable carrying bulky items like this in a front pocket.

teerone

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
The glass breaks just as easy as any other glass. Its scratch and scuff resistant.
Not impact resistant. Get your self a sturdy case.

inkdup102586

May 15, 2010
Visit site
1. I love gorilla glass, yes if you take a hammer to it. its going to break. But get a nice case like balistic case and youre fine. I havent used a screen protector in years.

2. As for this video, she says shes not testing gorilla glass, shes testing something "like" gorilla glass.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol