1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is 4g LTE worth it?

I love the epic touch 4g and I'm due for an upgrade. I dot have lte or WiMAX in my area and probably won't for the next 2 years. Is this still a good phone to buy on a contract?

Default Re: Is 4g LTE worth it?

I've yet to find that perfect phone, but no phone is perfect. I wouldn't buy this phone again.

I live in L.A. 4G is slow. LTE on my girls iphone is super fast, but LTE is scarce in this area still.

The phone is 2 years old. I'd skip it. I am sure there is something better out there.

ROM
    ICS 4.0.4 (not rooted)

I really like my SII and I plan to get another two or three years out of it.

That said, no way I'd buy this phone on contract today. You'd be better off with the SIII (or, if your personal finances permit, maybe even wait a few months for the S4), that way if Sprint expands LTE to your area (too bad you didn't mention your location) you'll have 4G.

definitely a good phone to purchase on contract, however without the introduction of LTE In Chicago I was going to leave Sprint. LTE is truly an incredible experience I haven'tused Wi-Fi on it yet. But since your not going to have it for two years, I'd grab a nexus 4 & split to a mvno or T-Mobile. GS2 is still a great device I still listen to music & play games on it, however Note 2 runs circles around it.

Note 2's already over 3 months old so if I were you I'd either buy nexus 4 off contract for 350 or on contract with T-Mobile now for 49 bucks right now. Or just wait for "next best thing" Galaxy S4.... wouldn't lockinto 2 years of Sprint 3G for (best phone RIGHT NOW) Note 2! ;-)

Global Posts
    2,814 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock...for now

I am sure you have your reasons for liking the S2 (E4GT) but as a owner of both the phone you want and the S3, I couldnt recommend anyone buying anything on Sprint that isnt the Note 2 or the S3. First of all, I STILL cannot get my E4GT to lock on to GPS in under a minute consistently, and even if you had 4G data in your area, its still SLOWER than LTE. Also, the S3 and Note 2 have bigger batteries and a better aftermarket support.

I suggest you either hold out for the S4 or get one the S3 or Note 2.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch->Samsung GS3 16GB Pebble Blue

Yes it is!

sent from my AT&T lte GN2
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Quote Originally Posted by Samsmalls View Post
    definitely a good phone to purchase on contract, however without the introduction of LTE In Chicago I was going to leave Sprint. LTE is truly an incredible experience I haven'tused Wi-Fi on it yet. But since your not going to have it for two years, I'd grab a nexus 4 & split to a mvno or T-Mobile. GS2 is still a great device I still listen to music & play games on it, however Note 2 runs circles around it.

Note 2's already over 3 months old so if I were you I'd either buy nexus 4 off contract for 350 or on contract with T-Mobile now for 49 bucks right now. Or just wait for "next best thing" Galaxy S4.... wouldn't lockinto 2 years of Sprint 3G for (best phone RIGHT NOW) Note 2! ;-)
    Us(Chicago) not only got LTE but our 3g improved also. The first 3 is 3g

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is 4g LTE worth it?-uploadfromtaptalk1360942618449.jpg  
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

But this is my normal 4g LTE haha

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2