Can't get MSL on JB GA10 (rooted)

Tsukiyomi

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I've never tried to do anything with my MSL, but the http://forums.androidcentral.com/sprint-galaxy-s-ii-epic-4g-touch/121885-how-increase-sprint-epic-4g-touch-3g-4g-data-speeds.html thread had me intrigued.

I've tried terminal emulators (which come back blank if I use the getprop irl.MSL command), aLogcat, and too many other apps/methods to mention before finally putting my MEID into android - whiterabbit.org That gives me a six digit MSL but when I try to enter it in my phone on ##3282# I get an "Incorrect Security Code" message. If I do it twice it restarts my phone.

So... am I using the wrong number as my MSL or is there something in the rooted GA10 that's stopping me from using the (correct?) MSL that's being generated?

patrao_n

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
There is something in ga10 any version that is blocking it. I suggest going to xda-developers.com and searching in the epic touch forums. I believe what you need is to flash the fl16.bin to get your msl. Then after writing it down switch back. Remember that msl. It can be used and never changes. I put mine in my contacts list.

sent from MY BAD A$$ ET4G

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Call your carrier and ask for it. I've done it about 4 times without issue. They've always just given it to me. One asked why, and I said I had to factory reset my phone. The others never even asked.

If they don't give it to you, call back, and be nice.

Good luck.

Tsukiyomi

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Well I ended up just calling Sprint, got a nice girl who was very helpful if a little hesitant (asking me things in a 'are you SURE you want this number?' kind of way). Got my MSL and it's nothing like the number the previous methods gave.

Thanks both of you for the replies :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey