Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Kies recovery help!

I've been experiencing battery troubles for some time and I read that the new update to the OS could be attributed with battery life problems, I read an article on how to revert back to gingerbread for better battery life which involved rooting the phone and you could remove the root if you wanted too. I followed the steps got to odin and at first my laptop read the device and i've never had a problem with it before, as soon as I started the odin thing a few moments later it said failed and that my device could not be recognized. I tried and tried and my device would just not be recognized. I tried reinstalling the drivers, different usb ports and even tried my desktop, no luck. When ever I try to boot up the phone I get the firmware update needs recovery and to go to kies and try again. I installed kies and tried to recover but nothing pops,. and I think the problem is my phone wont be recognized. How am I supposed to recover my phone if my pc wont recognize it? I'm sorry i'm a novice and could really use some help I probably should have never attempted this. Should I take it to sprint or send it to samsung. I dont know what to do, I just want my phone back to normal. Any help would be greatly appriciated! Thank you.

Global Posts
    1,456 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Kies recovery help!

Quote Originally Posted by DeFrank_J View Post
    I've been experiencing battery troubles for some time and I read that the new update to the OS could be attributed with battery life problems, I read an article on how to revert back to gingerbread for better battery life which involved rooting the phone and you could remove the root if you wanted too. I followed the steps got to odin and at first my laptop read the device and i've never had a problem with it before, as soon as I started the odin thing a few moments later it said failed and that my device could not be recognized. I tried and tried and my device would just not be recognized. I tried reinstalling the drivers, different usb ports and even tried my desktop, no luck. When ever I try to boot up the phone I get the firmware update needs recovery and to go to kies and try again. I installed kies and tried to recover but nothing pops,. and I think the problem is my phone wont be recognized. How am I supposed to recover my phone if my pc wont recognize it? I'm sorry i'm a novice and could really use some help I probably should have never attempted this. Should I take it to sprint or send it to samsung. I dont know what to do, I just want my phone back to normal. Any help would be greatly appriciated! Thank you.
    Just use ODIN again.

Official OpenROM Developer
    Want to contribute to OpenROM? Click HERE.
    Want to view my personal GitHub? Click HERE.