Apps randomly uninstalling?

undogooder

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, I just got my Virgin Mobile Galaxy S2 on 02/04/13 (F@#*ing love this phone!) and have had 2 apps uninstall themselves. The first (can't remember what it was) left the desktop shortcut, but when pressed said it was not installed and the second, just today (dolphin browser) even erased the icon in my drawer. Has anyone had this happen to them? I looked around and all the most relevant proposal was, 1 person said to another that it could be the apps tried to auto update and failed. I do have apps set to auto update and my phone set to turn off wifi/3g/4g when the screen times out or I turn it off. I will try shutting off the auto update and see if the problem persists, but any other ideas might be helpful. Thank you in advance.

Rockbeast

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed several app icons appearing on one of my widget pages. I noticed a notification item pop up saying "App shortcut created for..." and then found a few new app icons. They were all the little green Android fellow...but they had different names. I remember one was "The Hobbit". I tapped it and the Google Play store came up where I could install the game. I did not install the game. I selected each icon and dragged them to the trash can. More have popped up since then. I keep delteting them. None so far today...oops, spoke too soon. I just checked and what looks like a Candy Crush icon with the name "1" is sitting on my Widget page. What's up with this? I did recently install a wallpaper called GyroSpace 3D Free. Could that be the culprit?