SPH-D710BST screen not lighting up when text message received.

maschnur

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I have the Samsung galaxy S II E4GT running 4.0.4 from boost mobile. I'm wondering why the screen won't light up when I receive a text message when the phone is locked. The led notification light works. Is that the replacement to the whole screen lighting up when a message is received? It's curious to me because my friends with SII's their screens light up when they get texts.

dev2nsu

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Yea I like it that way too because I have nosey people that like to read my texts

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Surj138

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I have the Samsung galaxy S II E4GT running 4.0.4 from boost mobile. I'm wondering why the screen won't light up when I receive a text message when the phone is locked. The led notification light works. Is that the replacement to the whole screen lighting up when a message is received? It's curious to me because my friends with SII's their screens light up when they get texts.

They probably have an sms app that does that for them, like Go or Handcent. I personally swear by this one...

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...net.everythingandroid.smspopup&token=x97QJDCh

Message popups and screen-on while locked, with no extra useless bloat.

Trolling from my Cricket-flashed Galaxy S2 E4GT using Tapatalk 2

cyberdman

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I think some of you are mixing up SD card and SIM card. They are totally different things. This phone, the E4GT (SPH-D710), has a slot and can use an external SD card for storage. It does not, nor does any American Sprint phone, use a SIM card.