Boost mobile I.D. Keeps trying to install itself, can i stop this?

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi fellow android users,
I have the E4GT on boost, and my phone constantly (several times daily) prompts me to install Boost mobile I.D. It seems to have downloaded itself as I have never initiated it.
My question is this: Can i make this app stop bugging me without rooting my phone? I am still new to android and don't know the first thing about rooting and am afraid I will screw up my beautiful phone lol. I'm including a screen shot of the message that always pops up.

Any assistance you can offer will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks guys!
B

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361121378029.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361121378029.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 144

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like nagware that gets installed automatically on their devices.

So yes, to answer your question, you will probably have to root to eliminate the nagging pop up screen.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

sgeezer

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Actually this is an easy fix if you're willing to root your phone. I had this same annoying pop-up multiple times a day and didn't want to give in to Boost and install it. Especially after the Boost customer service rep told me that "Mobile ID is required for your phone to function properly and you must install it." What a load of BS... Rooting isn't difficult or dangerous (if you follow the instructions), though it most likely will void the warranty on your phone.

Here's what I did. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy Rush, so these instructions reflect that. Check Google for rooting instructions for your specific phone. They should be similar. I got rid of Boost Mobile ID and other annoying bloatware as well.

ROOT THE PHONE

1) Download the three essential files (ClockworkMod Recovery, Odin, and SuperSU) and follow these rooting instructions. (Again, this is for Galaxy Rush - check Google for instructions for your specific phone.) In summary, ClockworkMod Recovery (also known as CWM) gives you the ability to install programs to your phone from a .zip file on your SD card. Specifically you'll need this to install SuperSU. Odin is a Windows program that puts CWM on your phone. SuperSU is the program that allows root access for selected apps on your phone. So Odin installs CWM and then CWM installs SuperSU. Don't worry about flashing any custom ROMs (step V). It's not needed to resolve this issue.

2) If you're running Android 4.1 (aka Jelly Bean) or later, you'll need an additional step not explained in the link above. That article was written for 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich). Jelly Bean is clever-er and will try to replace your newly-installed CWM with the stock recovery app when your phone reboots at step III.13 in the instructions above. So right after Odin tells you that the CWM install has successfully completed and your phone starts to reboot at step III.13, immediately remove the phone battery and unplug the USB cable to prevent that reboot. Then proceed with step IV.2. You're back in business.

3) Proceed with the rest of the steps in the article to root your phone. Once that's completed, it's time to go shopping for free stuff! Open up the Google Play Store on your phone and search for a free app called Uninstall Master. There are other similar apps you can use instead, but Uninstall Master is easy to use and worked well for me. After you install and run it, you'll get a dialog box asking whether this app can have root privileges. Grant this privilege because the app will need it to remove your bloatware.

DELETE MOBILE ID AND OTHER BLOATWARE

4) In Uninstall Master, slide over to the System Apps tab. You can delete any app on the phone (even really important ones so be careful!). Look for Mobile ID app in the list and delete it. I also deleted a bunch of other stuff I don't need like Boost Zone, Google+, and Facebook. By default, Uninstall Master will just move these apps to a recycle bin instead of really getting rid of them. That way you can bring something back if you later determine you needed it after all. I recommend always using the recycle bin feature just to be safe.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

rcolitz

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
You can disable the Boost Mobile ID app. You just need to go to settings and then to applications manager and then look at all applications. Scroll down the page and select Mobile ID, now if the app had an update you will need to uninstall the updates first. After that's done the "disable" button will be in the same location as the uninstall updates, just select disable and your good to go.

Posted via Android Central App

nahual

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi fellow android users,
I have the E4GT on boost, and my phone constantly (several times daily) prompts me to install Boost mobile I.D. It seems to have downloaded itself as I have never initiated it.
My question is this: Can i make this app stop bugging me without rooting my phone? I am still new to android and don't know the first thing about rooting and am afraid I will screw up my beautiful phone lol. I'm including a screen shot of the message that always pops up.

Thanks guys!
B

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I just rooted my phone but all of the blasted Boost apps keep re-installing themselves.
Why?

This may be a network detection thing. Not sure why the apps keep re-installing, but you may be able to freeze the apps now that you are rooted. This will prevent the apps from starting when you don't want them to.

nancy pringle

Jul 16, 2016
Visit site
I just rooted my phone...still re-installing

If you go to your settings and go to sounds & notification then from there go to app notification you can click on any app and it should give you the option to block notifications from the apps you decide to block then they will still be on your phone if you ever decide to use them.

Cindy Lentz

Nov 17, 2016
Visit site
Hi fellow android users,

Thanks guys!
B

I need to download the Boost default id how do i get it on here