- 8 Posts
Boost mobile I.D. Keeps trying to install itself, can i stop this?
Hi fellow android users,
I have the E4GT on boost, and my phone constantly (several times daily) prompts me to install Boost mobile I.D. It seems to have downloaded itself as I have never initiated it.
My question is this: Can i make this app stop bugging me without rooting my phone? I am still new to android and don't know the first thing about rooting and am afraid I will screw up my beautiful phone lol. I'm including a screen shot of the message that always pops up.
Any assistance you can offer will be greatly appreciated!
Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Android Central Forums
- 02-17-2013, 11:22 AM #2
Re: Boost mobile I.D. Keeps trying to install itself, can i stop this?
It sounds like nagware that gets installed automatically on their devices.
So yes, to answer your question, you will probably have to root to eliminate the nagging pop up screen.
Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
- By alexdreid in forum LG Optimus S Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 4Last Post: 08-12-2011, 12:46 AM
- By metalhead0 in forum AT&T Inspire 4GReplies: 3Last Post: 04-03-2011, 12:53 AM
- By dysung72 in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 8Last Post: 09-17-2010, 01:24 PM
- By mosarmini in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 8Last Post: 08-21-2010, 01:34 AM
- By KTrentLR in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 4Last Post: 04-28-2010, 11:48 AM