How do I remove my user name, phone #, etc from settings?

Allyman

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I have a few Samsung Galaxy S2's on my business account and I cancelled the service on one of the phones. I'd like to sell the phone, but in "Settings / About Phone / Phone #, Signal, Etc." my company's user name and the old phone number, IP address are still there. How can I remove all that info prior to selling it?

Thank you!

Allyman

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I've tried that several times, including formatting the SD card and after Android has finished all the updates etc....all my private info is still there. My User Name (email address), phone number are still showing up.

asd216

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Go into the stock recovery (hold volume up and power) till the phone reboots and use the volume keys to move and the power button to select and wipe everything. Should make the phone just like it came out of the box.

Allyman

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
asd216,

Thanks for your advice, but I tried it 3 times. I held in both buttons till it rebooted. From the menu I selected "Wipe Data / Factory Reset". Then I selected "Yes---Delete all user data". Finally I select "Reboot system now". The 4G screen comes on for a while, then Sprint says "installing applications", then on the home page it says "Finalizing Android update". Finally it says it completed it successfully . I go back to: Settings / About phone / Status and it still shows that the phone's Service State is "In service", Mobile network state is Disconnected, my phone number still appears as does my "Username" and email address.

Your suggestion sounded like a good plan, but I guess I'll have to run by a Sprint store and have them remove everything. Thanks again.

rraman3110

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
That information does not go away. Sprint has to intervene in order to remove that information. I bought a used phone from some dude and all his information was on their. I'm not the one to abuse this type information, but when I activated the phone on my account it updated the settings phone info with my own.

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
When you do your factory reset and it boots back up stop putting in your Gmail account info just leave it at the get started screen cuz by putting that info in again it syncs with your account ergo putting your info back in the phone try that see if it works

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Allyman

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
After the factory reset, I never put in any information at all. WiFi and 4 G were off and the SD card was removed. The first thing I did was was check the settings and the info was still there.

I did finally resolve the issue by going to a Sprint corp. store. A tech also did the factory reset saying that would fix it, but everything was still there. Finally, he erased all the software / programming and re-installed it. He just said occasionally some phones are a bit more stubborn than others, and this was one of them.

I now have a perfectly clean white Galaxy S II Epic 4 G Touch that I'll sell on eBay? Any ideas what it's worth?

My thanks and appreciation to everyone who offered suggestions and advice! :D

Xavier P

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
My Sprint/Boost Samsung Galaxy S II / Epic 4G Touch does exactly the same thing. I tried the Factory Data Reset from the menu, and the Android wipe using the volume buttons, but the info remains. I had upgraded my S II to Jelly Bean so I don't really want to completely wipe it. I guess I'll sell it on ebay as is. The email address at Boost is one I never used, and what can anyone do with my phone number?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
After a hard reset on a galaxy S5 how do I get past the Samsung log in page for the old user of the phone?

You need to ask the prior owner for their Google account and password. This is Factory Reset Protection. The prior owner should have removed his/her Google account prior to the reset. If you can't get that information, then the phone is useless--sorry!

Dino770

Jun 17, 2016
Visit site
I think you can use the back button, or home button, or there may be a skip or cancel button on the screen. I can't remember exactly but I know I was able to get past it without logging in. HTH

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar