Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default After much frustration, new phone being mailed tomorrow!

Basically I've spent the past few weeks trying to troubleshoot why my battery only lasts a few hours, why my signal is terrible, and why my phone is running so slow... this morning my frustrations came to a head when my phone (and alarm) was dead this morning after going to sleep with 60% battery. Got on with Sprint chat and gave them a few of the numbers I got from speed test and told them about my battery and other issues (this was the third time I've been on Sprint chat about this) and finally today they said they'll just mail a new one to my job and it should be here tomorrow!

Since my phone was running to terribly, I had been toying with the idea of rooting it... but idk with the new phone if I want to do that or not >_<

ROM
    Stock Rooted FK09 4.1.2

Default Re: After much frustration, new phone being mailed tomorrow!

How old was the phone, and how old is the battery? Stuff like this happens and for the most part, stock epic 4g touch (assuming you are in decent rage of towers) has a respectable battery life. I still don't understand why you would use sprint chat, but of course personal preference.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by rraman3110 View Post
    How old was the phone, and how old is the battery? Stuff like this happens and for the most part, stock epic 4g touch (assuming you are in decent rage of towers) has a respectable battery life. I still don't understand why you would use sprint chat, but of course personal preference.
    It's about a year old. It's started running extremely slow, battery is constantly low, and I never have a good signal. I used Sprint chat because I'm at work and it's much easier to multi-task with the chat window open than staying on the phone with someone

This was pretty much a last ditch effort before I drop Sprint and go with another carrier. Ran SpeedTest all week and I'm getting numbers between 20-50kb/s down and 50-80kb/s up. NEVER have 4g.

ROM
    Cold As Ice

Im fed up with sprint now, they keep sending refurbs to me and I specifcally requested a new phone. If they offer new ones online. I mean pfff.
    Dont count on new. My wife will most likely go back to verizon when hers is up.