Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
This tweeted from those teasers at XDA:

‏@sxtpdevelopers
Who wants to run GB15 before Sprint OTA's it??? #100000000 clicks lol

rraman3110

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
It's good to know that Sprint is still working with Samsung to get Jellybean on this device. I doubt 4.2 will make it on hear, but 4.1 is more than enough. I have been running Samsung's JB leaks for this device for a little over 2 months and couldn't be happier. Feeling of an S3 on my S2.

MattN03

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm interested. I love JB, but I'm going to have to do something didn't than my current FK23. Constant battery dumps, horrible battery like, & LOS are driving me nuts.

TomD

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm interested. I love JB, but I'm going to have to do something didn't than my current FK23. Constant battery dumps, horrible battery like, & LOS are driving me nuts.

You might try 2 things.

1. Get a new battery. My batteries began to fail, some swelling, about 6 months out.

2. Delete your Goggle accounts and check battery life. I noticed a substantial improvement when I did that. It won't cost you anything, they are easy to add back.

asd216

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

Yeah it sounds like you need to update from FK23. Much more stable leaks out

MattN03

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it sounds like you need to update from FK23. Much more stable leaks out

I flashed GB08 last night and it did okay today at work, but started 2 battery dumps and LOS when I got home. No clue why, but I give up until another version of JB is available. I flashed EL29 and now I'm letting it do the OTA update to ICS. I'll see how FL24 is and decide if I want that or go back to EL29 again.

Last edited:

Stryke_the_Orc

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
I run gb08, have been since release, without issue. Also gb27 place holder is up on sextape's site:thumbup::beer:

Sent from my YP-G1 using Tapatalk 2

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have had GA10 and GB08, and bother were fine. No power issues, no signal issues. I heard FK23 was not so great. I had FI03 and the FI27. Also when flashing the new build, do a factory reset, and wipe cache and Dalvik. Back up what data you can. Yeah losing game data sucks, but which is worse, very poor battery life and all your saved data, or starting over on your games and good battery life?

Last edited:

MattN03

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I flashed GB08 last night and it did okay today at work, but started 2 battery dumps and LOS when I got home. No clue why, but I give up until another version of JB is available. I flashed EL29 and now I'm letting it do the OTA update to ICS. I'll see how FL24 is and decide if I want that or go back to EL29 again.

I took mine to the Sprint store last night and they gave me a new battery because mine was swelling. No issues in the last 24 hours since that. I flashed it to GB08 last night and its running smooth.

Stryke_the_Orc

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
I have had GA10 and GB08, and bother were fine. No power issues, no signal issues. I heard FK23 was not so great. I had FI03 and the FI27. Also when flashing the new build, do a factory reset, and wipe cache and Dalvik. Back up what data you can. Yeah losing game data sucks, but which is worse, very poor battery life and all your saved data, or starting over on your games and good battery life?

Use titanium backup and it should save your game progress

Slithering from the nether regions of a twisted mind and tarnished soul

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Use titanium backup and it should save your game progress

That most likely will work, but I was under the impression that the data saved under the old build would still making the newly installed ROM a 'dirty' install, and potentially cause problems with the new one.

Stryke_the_Orc

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
That most likely will work, but I was under the impression that the data saved under the old build would still making the newly installed ROM a 'dirty' install, and potentially cause problems with the new one.

As long as you hit ignore when it asks to keep your android id it should be ok. The saves themselves don't hold ROM specific information otherwise you'd lose your data during ota updates:beer:

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
As long as you hit ignore when it asks to keep your android id it should be ok. The saves themselves don't hold ROM specific information otherwise you'd lose your data during ota updates:beer:

My warnings generally suggest go as clean as possible. Tb is the closest in most cases.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

alcyone83

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
GB08 runs fine on my et. First week I had to adjust my apps/settings, but its heck of a lot better than FI27
BTW what do the letters mean in an update? I know the numbers are days.

Tsukiyomi

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Anyone running, GB27 up in here?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Yep, rooted. Everything seems great, touch wood. Getting a day on the battery with VERY light use, 8 hours +/- with 'regular' use (phone, some internet, Flipboard/Tweetcaster browsing, syncing mails, etc)

drk65

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Anyone running, GB27 up in here?

I installed GB27 using the Odin One-Click Stock w/Root yesterday. This was my first time doing this type of update and it actually is quite simple if you read and follow the instructions. I'm coming off the last stock OTA FL24 ICS, which was causing my phone to reboot sporadically once or twice each day, plus battery issues. Thus far, I'm extremely happy with GB27. Everything is working fine, including the GPS getting the fastest fixes I've ever experienced with this phone, as well as getting fixes inside in locations I wouldn't have thought about getting a fix, previously.

It's only been a day, but I'm loving GB27. I'll report any further benefits and/or problems I encounter, if they're meaningful enough.

Brainerd

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I installed GB27 using the Odin One-Click Stock w/Root yesterday ... I'll report any further benefits and/or problems I encounter, if they're meaningful enough.
Thanks for taking the plunge! Yes, please let those of us who have been similarly hesitant your thoughts and experiences.