Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By drk65
  • 1 Post By drk65
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,015 Global Posts

Default GB15 Rumored on XDA

This tweeted from those teasers at XDA:

‏@sxtpdevelopers
    Who wants to run GB15 before Sprint OTA's it??? #100000000 clicks lol
    TomD

ROM
    Stock Rooted FK09 4.1.2

Default Re: GB15 Rumored on XDA

It's good to know that Sprint is still working with Samsung to get Jellybean on this device. I doubt 4.2 will make it on hear, but 4.1 is more than enough. I have been running Samsung's JB leaks for this device for a little over 2 months and couldn't be happier. Feeling of an S3 on my S2.

I'm interested. I love JB, but I'm going to have to do something didn't than my current FK23. Constant battery dumps, horrible battery like, & LOS are driving me nuts.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    1,015 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MattN03 View Post
    I'm interested. I love JB, but I'm going to have to do something didn't than my current FK23. Constant battery dumps, horrible battery like, & LOS are driving me nuts.
    You might try 2 things.

1. Get a new battery. My batteries began to fail, some swelling, about 6 months out.

2. Delete your Goggle accounts and check battery life. I noticed a substantial improvement when I did that. It won't cost you anything, they are easy to add back.
    TomD

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 9

Yeah it sounds like you need to update from FK23. Much more stable leaks out
    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch running CyanogenMod 10

Quote Originally Posted by asd216 View Post
    Yeah it sounds like you need to update from FK23. Much more stable leaks out
    I flashed GB08 last night and it did okay today at work, but started 2 battery dumps and LOS when I got home. No clue why, but I give up until another version of JB is available. I flashed EL29 and now I'm letting it do the OTA update to ICS. I'll see how FL24 is and decide if I want that or go back to EL29 again.

What would you recommend over FK23? And would I have to wipe my phone again?

Sent from my Galaxy S II

I run gb08, have been since release, without issue. Also gb27 place holder is up on sextape's site:thumbup::beer:

Sent from my YP-G1 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    22,180 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

I have had GA10 and GB08, and bother were fine. No power issues, no signal issues. I heard FK23 was not so great. I had FI03 and the FI27. Also when flashing the new build, do a factory reset, and wipe cache and Dalvik. Back up what data you can. Yeah losing game data sucks, but which is worse, very poor battery life and all your saved data, or starting over on your games and good battery life?

I flashed GB08 last night and it did okay today at work, but started 2 battery dumps and LOS when I got home. No clue why, but I give up until another version of JB is available. I flashed EL29 and now I'm letting it do the OTA update to ICS. I'll see how FL24 is and decide if I want that or go back to EL29 again.
    I took mine to the Sprint store last night and they gave me a new battery because mine was swelling. No issues in the last 24 hours since that. I flashed it to GB08 last night and its running smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    I have had GA10 and GB08, and bother were fine. No power issues, no signal issues. I heard FK23 was not so great. I had FI03 and the FI27. Also when flashing the new build, do a factory reset, and wipe cache and Dalvik. Back up what data you can. Yeah losing game data sucks, but which is worse, very poor battery life and all your saved data, or starting over on your games and good battery life?
    Use titanium backup and it should save your game progress

Slithering from the nether regions of a twisted mind and tarnished soul

Global Posts
    22,180 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Stryke_the_Orc View Post
    Use titanium backup and it should save your game progress
    That most likely will work, but I was under the impression that the data saved under the old build would still making the newly installed ROM a 'dirty' install, and potentially cause problems with the new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    That most likely will work, but I was under the impression that the data saved under the old build would still making the newly installed ROM a 'dirty' install, and potentially cause problems with the new one.
    As long as you hit ignore when it asks to keep your android id it should be ok. The saves themselves don't hold ROM specific information otherwise you'd lose your data during ota updates:beer:

ROM
    Stock! (For now...)

Quote Originally Posted by Stryke_the_Orc View Post
    As long as you hit ignore when it asks to keep your android id it should be ok. The saves themselves don't hold ROM specific information otherwise you'd lose your data during ota updates:beer:

My warnings generally suggest go as clean as possible. Tb is the closest in most cases.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    Reach me on Twitter || Google+/Hangouts || Forums: XDA-Developers || RootzWiki

If you like the AOSP efforts and want to help get new devices on board, donations really help.
    Please continue to thank and support those who bring these great things to our devices!
    Thanked by:

GB08 runs fine on my et. First week I had to adjust my apps/settings, but its heck of a lot better than FI27
    BTW what do the letters mean in an update? I know the numbers are days.

Quote Originally Posted by alcyone83 View Post
    GB08 runs fine on my et. First week I had to adjust my apps/settings, but its heck of a lot better than FI27
    BTW what do the letters mean in an update? I know the numbers are days.
    First letter is year; F=2012, G=2013. Second letter is month; A=Jan, etc.

ROM
    Blazer ICS ROM

Anyone running, GB27 up in here?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by E4GTUser94 View Post

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Yep, rooted. Everything seems great, touch wood. Getting a day on the battery with VERY light use, 8 hours +/- with 'regular' use (phone, some internet, Flipboard/Tweetcaster browsing, syncing mails, etc)

Global Posts
    162 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by E4GTUser94 View Post
    I installed GB27 using the Odin One-Click Stock w/Root yesterday. This was my first time doing this type of update and it actually is quite simple if you read and follow the instructions. I'm coming off the last stock OTA FL24 ICS, which was causing my phone to reboot sporadically once or twice each day, plus battery issues. Thus far, I'm extremely happy with GB27. Everything is working fine, including the GPS getting the fastest fixes I've ever experienced with this phone, as well as getting fixes inside in locations I wouldn't have thought about getting a fix, previously.

It's only been a day, but I'm loving GB27. I'll report any further benefits and/or problems I encounter, if they're meaningful enough.
    Thanked by:
    Brainerd likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by drk65 View Post
    I installed GB27 using the Odin One-Click Stock w/Root yesterday ... I'll report any further benefits and/or problems I encounter, if they're meaningful enough.
    Thanks for taking the plunge! Yes, please let those of us who have been similarly hesitant your thoughts and experiences.

Global Posts
    162 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brainerd View Post
    Thanks for taking the plunge! Yes, please let those of us who have been similarly hesitant your thoughts and experiences.
    "Nothing ventured... Nothing gained" --- Right?!

Still only a couple of days in with GB27, but I can tell you that my phone is running far more smoothly and a bit faster. There are also already a handful of Jelly Bean enhancements that I'm really enjoying, breathing new life into the E4GT. Most importantly, the phone is far more stable. Pre-update (on ICS FL24) I was plagued with involuntary reboots and battery issues everyday. Since flashing to GB27, the phone has not auto-rebooted or frozen even once. Jury is still out on battery performance, as I've been "using" the device a lot more these past few days in re-installing and configuring my apps. I've installed and configured over 75 apps without a single Force Close. Thus far, the only negative I can see is that the Auto-Brightness calibration is too low for me, requiring me to resort to manual brightness control... which is now conveniently located as you reveal the notification drop down bar. No big deal, but overall brightness (even max) seems lower than pre-update.

Bottom Line: After all the ICS OTA misfires from Sprint, If my E4GT continues to perform like this on GB27, I will be happy to have this be my regular/final update, regardless of whether or not it becomes the Official OTA Build from Sprint.
    Thanked by 2:
    planase likes this.