1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Freezing, Very slow, and its is restarting on its own.

Ok so i was listing to music on my phone when my music player froze when it was trying to play the next song. ( It usually dose this.)
    I usually just turn the screen on and off and that would fix the problem, but this time the screen would not come back on again. So I held the power button
    till I saw the blue LED flash and my phone turned back on just fine. I entered my lock pattern and went back to my music before i could even open up the music player app I got a this.
    "Process system is not responding. Would you like to close it?" If you click yes the phone will restart on its own within a minute if you don't close it.com.android sometimes stops responding instead of system You dont you will get maybe a minute extra if you leave it there and not do anything else because anything else will cause it to freeze. . And if I am able to get to a text message or something before something stops responding. The key pad will freeze after your first letter then the whole phone freezes and then something will stop responding. So I Factory Data Reset my phone thinking that would fix it. and i had my stuff backed up. But that still didn't fix it. So does anyone know what I should do to fix this? Any help would help a lot. Thanks

Global Posts
    13,816 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Freezing, Very slow, and its is restarting on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by Dstrat33 View Post
    Ok so i was listing to music on my phone when my music player froze when it was trying to play the next song. ( It usually dose this.)
    I usually just turn the screen on and off and that would fix the problem, but this time the screen would not come back on again. So I held the power button
    till I saw the blue LED flash and my phone turned back on just fine. I entered my lock pattern and went back to my music before i could even open up the music player app I got a this.
    "Process system is not responding. Would you like to close it?" If you click yes the phone will restart on its own within a minute if you don't close it.com.android sometimes stops responding instead of system You dont you will get maybe a minute extra if you leave it there and not do anything else because anything else will cause it to freeze. . And if I am able to get to a text message or something before something stops responding. The key pad will freeze after your first letter then the whole phone freezes and then something will stop responding. So I Factory Data Reset my phone thinking that would fix it. and i had my stuff backed up. But that still didn't fix it. So does anyone know what I should do to fix this? Any help would help a lot. Thanks
    Try rebooting into recovery, holding volume up and power at the same time. you can use the volume rockers to navigate recovery, scroll down to wipe cache. hit power or home. then reboot system.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here

ROM
    Blazer ICS ROM

Try that^^
    If it doesn't work, spin your battery it may be going bad.
    If it's neither of those are the problem, are you stock or custom ROM?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

I think you're right about the battery going bad... mine is been doing the same as the OP with the shut downs while playing music or videos, but not as bad (it doesn't lock up or freezes) After rebooting it tells me the battery is low and to plug into charger right away. Then right after plugging into charger it tells me the battery is at 60 to 70% which leads me to think the battery is going bad and not reporting correctly! My phone is 1 year and 2 mos old and still stock with OS EL29.

ROM
    Blazer ICS ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Ed_Strong View Post
    I think you're right about the battery going bad... mine is been doing the same as the OP with the shut downs while playing music or videos, but not as bad (it doesn't lock up or freezes) After rebooting it tells me the battery is low and to plug into charger right away. Then right after plugging into charger it tells me the battery is at 60 to 70% which leads me to think the battery is going bad and not reporting correctly! My phone is 1 year and 2 mos old and still stock with OS EL29.
    Take it out and spin it on a flat surface.. if it spins like a top you need a new one.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

As I posted on another post I think the swelling of the battery is caused by heat, which makes it more prone for the batteries to swell/fail under ICS since that OS has its issues with overloading the phone.

But like I said, my phone was running sotck GB since day one (Jan 2012) and just today I had to go in to store for a new battery. I noticed for the past few weeks that while streaming or playing videos the phone would get pretty hot and about 3 weeks ago the phone started shuting down and restarting on its own! After restarting it would tell me to plug into charger, but after plugging into charger it would indicate battery level between 65-75%... which was wierd.

Battery was tested at store and was told it was a dud! After I got a new battery on the spot, all is well, except they intalled the dumb ICS update on my phone, which I didn't want or tell them to do!
    Why would they go and install ICS behind my back when JB is already out... the world my never know! I just came home and updated to JB my self and I'm liking it so far.