Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Default Re: Sprint Releases Jelly Bean Today!

hold power and the home button, takes about 3 seconds.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by dafever View Post
    installed the camera shutter sound mute. Coolness
    Wait how did you do that? Is that an app?

Quote Originally Posted by sblair1269 View Post
    hold power and the home button, takes about 3 seconds.
    Gotchaaa thanks. You REALLY have to hit them at the same time to take the screenshot, it's not like it was on ICS

Just updated mine via Kies, it was there as soon as I plugged the phone into my iMac USB port and turned on Kies.

Global Posts
    8,717 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by zackmack7 View Post
    Wait how did you do that? Is that an app?
    There's a way to install it with Odin. It may have been posted in this forum. Otherwise you'll have to check XDA for the file and installation instructions.

Just installed GB27 using Kies. The basic download and install took about 20 minutes. Then reboot the phone and then Android had to upgrade or optimize 211 programs on the phone, so another 20 minutes. More updating and...... and...... and..... SUCCESS!

Everything works great, now for the today's test to see if battery life and performance are better.
    Treo's going back to dark ages, Pre Minus, Motorola Photon, Galaxy S2 and now Galaxy S4 & Asus T700 Tablet

Global Posts
    2,828 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock...for now

Anyone have any issues setting up Google Now? I can launch it but getting into the settings is near impossible. When I hit the menu button, it closes almost as fast as it opens. I restarted the app, then the phone, and still the same thing.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch->Samsung GS3 16GB Pebble Blue->LG G3 White
    nickjyc likes this.

Updated my Boost Mobile Epic 4G Touch through Samsung Kies just an hour ago. Just messing around with it right now.
    Thanked by:
    Vern441 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by djjr50 View Post
    Anyone have any issues setting up Google Now? I can launch it but getting into the settings is near impossible. When I hit the menu button, it closes almost as fast as it opens. I restarted the app, then the phone, and still the same thing.
    I'm having the same problem. To get to settings, I now just click on the weather card, and hit the menu button (which stays open) and click "settings".

Yes I am having that problem too, but it wasn't until after I downloaded the Google Search jelly-bean update from the Play Store. Not sure what's up

Sorry for the dumb question, but how do you use Kies? When I start Kies air app nothing happens, it tells me to enter a webaddress into my pc browser, but when I do it won't go to the page?

If I do get it to connect how do I find the update?

@redraider1

Not a dumb question lol. You have to download the desktop version from the Samsumg website and use that. After you download it, plug up your phone to your computer via USB and go from there.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    More than likely posted via the AC app on either my Nexus 7 or my T-Mobile Nexus 5
    Thanked by:
    planase likes this.

Global Posts
    2,828 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock...for now

Quote Originally Posted by nickjyc View Post
    I'm having the same problem. To get to settings, I now just click on the weather card, and hit the menu button (which stays open) and click "settings".

Yes I am having that problem too, but it wasn't until after I downloaded the Google Search jelly-bean update from the Play Store. Not sure what's up
    Glad I'm not alone.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch->Samsung GS3 16GB Pebble Blue->LG G3 White

Glad I'm not alone.
    It was Google Search core files and as ZackMack7 was saying, once downloaded it fixed it.

In case anyone else has an issue I was having issues with a few apps and if you didn't do a factory reset after the update, then clear the cache. It is the most missed step of solving issues.

I can't find the update, just Google Search itself which is already on my phone. That thing with the settings menu has been driving me mad ever since I first flashed a JB leak.
    Last edited by Tsukiyomi; 03-29-2013 at 11:43 PM.

Went into a sprint store today to see if they can update jelly bean for me. The lady told me to go the service&repair store but i didnt have time today and she told me that the update was rolling out as an OTA and I should wait for an update message on my phone but from what I've seen the file size is to big to be done via OTA so I have no way of getting the update since kies wont open on my computer I have to wait till I have time to go to the store

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts

Update to my situation: Launched Kies today to find there was an update (to Kies itself). Ran said Kies update, still didn't work upgrading my phone's firmware to JB, just locks up after it says it is downloading the update, just like before.

I read that doing a factory reset on the phone will sometimes fix the Kies update issue (I'd been meaning to do that anyway to see if it fixes various performance issues I've been having). No joy. Kies still locks up in the same place.

This is fricking ridiculous. I guess I'll just have to take it to a Sprint store, and hope they can just do it in the 20 minutes I've seen others claim it to take. I certainly don't want to let them have it for a full 24 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by TenOnez View Post
    Updated my Boost Mobile Epic 4G Touch through Samsung Kies just an hour ago. Just messing around with it right now.
    Does everything work right, i want to update my buddies phone but dont want it to mess anything up. Thanks, also have you found any issues?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
    2001 Dodge Dakota "daily"
    Still looking for a play toy :/

Lg Marquee > Droid 1 > Droid X2 > Galaxy Note 2 "The Beast" > Lg G2 > HTC One M8 > Samsung Galaxy S5

Global Posts
    162 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukiyomi View Post
    I can't find the update, just Google Search itself which is already on my phone. That thing with the settings menu has been driving me since I first flashed a JB leak.
    Work-around: Simply click on one of the items in Google Search/Now (i.e.: Weather Forecast Graphic), after that you should be able to access the menu without it "flashing away".

Good Luck!
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Jelly Bean 4.3 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    No need to search I have the link. Plus you can get a rooted version which I feel is necessary to run a lot of important programs like Titanium and Roam Control.
    Heimdall throws an error for the SPH-D710_GB27_1014481_Rooted_Nodata.tar.md5.gz file, "firmware.xml is missing from the package".

So I tried extracting the file. Then Heimdall begins to load the file, but still throws the same error in the end.

I don't have a Windows or Mac, so Heimdall is my only way to upgrade.

This should work in Heimdall, right?

Any help would be appreciated.

So I went to my sprint store to have the update done, and they look it up and tell me that it was released and then pulled today until April 1st. They told me to come back on the 1st and they would be able to do it. Oh, and they also said that it wasn't even the Samsung site anymore, which they checked as well. Then they read the message from the Samsung site that said it's been pulled until April 1st. Anybody else experience this at all?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    Oh Yeah?! Well, my mom thinks I'm cool!

ROM
    Jelly Bean 4.3 Rooted

Sounds like they don't want to bother on the holiday weekend.

It is still on the Samsung site, although this deep link might not work:

Support - Sprint Cell Phones SPH-D710 | Samsung Cell Phones

[EDIT]
    The deep link works. Once you're on the page, click the link "See all Downloads".

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Anyone finding that the 'firmware upgrade process' in kies is taking a crazy long time? It's been going for about 20 min now and I'm only at 11%. It doesn't appear to be installing anything to my phone at this point, looks like it's just downloading the update. Is this normal?

Global Posts
    2,828 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock...for now

Quote Originally Posted by amacnutt View Post
    Anyone finding that the 'firmware upgrade process' in kies is taking a crazy long time? It's been going for about 20 min now and I'm only at 11%. It doesn't appear to be installing anything to my phone at this point, looks like it's just downloading the update. Is this normal?
    For me, this was normal.
    Thanked by:

Very cool... Thumbs up to Samsung/Sprint for making this happen and breathing new life into a device that still holds its own in many respects.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast