Sprint Releases Jelly Bean Today!

ackthbbft

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Kies keeps telling me my device is not compatible. I got it to recognize it once, but didn't trust running the update with only 54% battery and charging off the USB connection. Still trying to get it to work again. :-\

ETA: OK, got it to connect, told it to update, got a popup saying don't disconnect the cable, but now the Kies screen is dimmed out and locked/frozen, the popup is gone, and I can't tell if it is even doing anything. This is very frustrating.

Last edited:

anon(680971)

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Kies keeps telling me my device is not compatible. I got it to recognize it once, but didn't trust running the update with only 54% battery and charging off the USB connection. Still trying to get it to work again. :-\

Run the connection troubleshoot tool. It will refresh the drivers just in case your usb slot is locked up.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

arhcangel

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I just updated using the Odin One-Click rooted No Data and everything upgraded but settings will FC after about 30 seconds. I installed Odin Pro and wiped cache and Dalvik cache with it and rebooted but settings continues to FC. Any ideas? I've been installing custom ROMS on HTC phones for years but didn't realize all the nuances between the different manufacturers.

FastSrt8

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Hello, can any body help me please. I am able to connect to kies trough wifi and on my pc (w vista) i see the kies screen with all the phone stuff, photos, videos, etc.
I dont see a menu or settings button how can i check for update. Also when i connect usb cable nothing happens.
I get message from windows not kies, that i need to install driver software, when i do; windows pops another message driver software not foud insert cd.
Frustating i bought s2 5 months ago (construction work) Id love to update dont have time to go to sprint store.

ps my inglish is bad Im from Mexico live in USS

zackmack7

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Hello, can any body help me please. I am able to connect to kies trough wifi and on my pc (w vista) i see the kies screen with all the phone stuff, photos, videos, etc.
I dont see a menu or settings button how can i check for update. Also when i connect usb cable nothing happens.
I get message from windows not kies, that i need to install driver software, when i do; windows pops another message driver software not foud insert cd.
Frustating i bought s2 5 months ago (construction work) Id love to update dont have time to go to sprint store.

ps my inglish is bad Im from Mexico live in USS

You have to use a wired connection. Connecting via wi-fi will not allow you to download the update. Try plugging it up via your USB cord

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

zackmack7

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Hello all,

I successfully updated earlier this morning. I dont think any data got deleted but it does clear your homescreens.

A few hours in an so far so good. Loving the new notification bar. The "Sync" toggle button is what I have been waiting for.

zackmack7

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know how to do screenshots now? I thought it was power button+ volume down but it didn't work.

fjitb

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Just updated mine via Kies, it was there as soon as I plugged the phone into my iMac USB port and turned on Kies.

HeavemyTreo

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Just installed GB27 using Kies. The basic download and install took about 20 minutes. Then reboot the phone and then Android had to upgrade or optimize 211 programs on the phone, so another 20 minutes. More updating and.....:'(. and......:-\ and.....:) SUCCESS!

Everything works great, now for the today's test to see if battery life and performance are better.

BMIC50

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have any issues setting up Google Now? I can launch it but getting into the settings is near impossible. When I hit the menu button, it closes almost as fast as it opens. I restarted the app, then the phone, and still the same thing.

nickjyc

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Anyone have any issues setting up Google Now? I can launch it but getting into the settings is near impossible. When I hit the menu button, it closes almost as fast as it opens. I restarted the app, then the phone, and still the same thing.

I'm having the same problem. To get to settings, I now just click on the weather card, and hit the menu button (which stays open) and click "settings".

zackmack7

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site

Yes I am having that problem too, but it wasn't until after I downloaded the Google Search jelly-bean update from the Play Store. Not sure what's up