Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Default Re: Sprint Releases Jelly Bean Today!

Quote Originally Posted by ScottMGS View Post
    (I'm assuming you meant "Flickr" rather than "Flicker". If I've got that wrong post a link to that app, please.)
    you're right, Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by dm3ready View Post
    Does the Flickr app contain the all the features of the camera or am I sacrificing quality?
    I'm not sure if it uses the stock camera settings but it does add some fancy filters, I like the pictures. If you have a yahoo account you have a Flickr account.

what up peeps, new member here..
    i updated my samsung s2 from boost, to jellybean 4.1. My phone's battery is terrible. seriously. my phone automatically connects to my wifi network from home( i disable it from the settings menu,i turn the screen off, when i press the button to turn it back on, my phone automatically connects to the wifi, i disable it again from either the settings menu or the notification & it still turns back on. this might be the reason why my battery life sucks, but i dont know how to fix this. also, my battery takes hours to charge. my led light glows pink when my battery is low. i dont like that & it sucks. the blue led only shows up when the phone is charged. i currently have no service on my phone, i dont really get any service in the area where i live (la puente ca) oh! & its boost mobile too..

If you don't like the wifi automatically turning on, turn off the connections optimizer.

Settings > wireless and network > more settings > mobile networks > connections optimizer.

I'm sure there are a lot of threads around here discussing the pros and cons of the c.o.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Is it maybe possible to do this update through a PS3?

Sent from my Boost Galaxy SII.

Quote Originally Posted by Vern441 View Post
    Is it maybe possible to do this update through a PS3?

No. Only on a desktop computer. Windows or Mac.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

Thank you. I've been experimenting for an hour trying to get the update through the PS3 to no avail.

Thank you. I've been experimenting for an hour trying to get the update through the PS3 to no avail.

You know you need to use samsung kies to update right??

Yes. I downloaded something to the PS3 using its browser, but never could get it to bring the update up in the phone/settings/update Samsung software.

Yeah, I agree, can't stand the new notification changes

Quote Originally Posted by SamsungGalaxySII View Post
    You know you need to use samsung kies to update right??

You actually do not need to use Kies to update. You can just download the updater direct from Samsung and use the tool without ever installing or opening Kies.
    Oh Yeah?! Well, my mom thinks I'm cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Uglyfido View Post
    You actually do not need to use Kies to update. You can just download the updater direct from Samsung and use the tool without ever installing or opening Kies.
    True... but I'm used to updating my phone with Kies. I used kies to update my GS2 since gingerbread.

I was able to update via Kies. Can't stand the notification lights and cant get Lightflow to work now. Another problem is Wifi not connecting now. I use an extended battery and tried everything to get it to connect, changed batteries, back to stock, and now its kinda working, but its not consistent.

Last edited by Vern441; 04-21-2013 at 03:00 PM.

I was able to update via Kies. Can't stand the notification lights and cant get Lightflow to work now. Another problem is Wifi not connecting now. I use an extended battery and tried everything to get it to connect, changed batteries, back to stock, and now its kinda working, but its not consistent.

How about doing hard reset??

Hard reset? I've pulled the battery for 10 minutes and then rebooted. I've cleared cache, and cookies, deleted wifi then, reentered password, and etc.

Hard reset? I've pulled the battery for 10 minutes and then rebooted. I've cleared cache, and cookies, deleted wifi then, reentered password, and etc.

That's a soft reset... turn off your phone and hold volume up&down key and power button and select factory reset. ..

Global Posts
    2,828 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock...for now

That's a soft reset... turn off your phone and hold volume up&down key and power button and select factory reset. ..

And surely you're going to mention that a hard reset erases all data and settings and makes it stock.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch->Samsung GS3 16GB Pebble Blue->LG G3 White

Quote Originally Posted by djjr50 View Post
    And surely you're going to mention that a hard reset erases all data and settings and makes it stock.
    Yes. Don't forget to backup your personal data...

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

I didn't have to do a Factory reset after the Jellybean update. I called Boost Mobile, two days after downloading the update, and they gave me a bunch of codes to try and none of them worked for my wifi connection problems. On the third day I came home after work and turned the wifi on and it connected. Amazing. Everything other wifi device I have didn't have a problem connecting, I went through everything I could to get the phone to connect during the previous days and nothing would work. I had read that the phone acts flaky the first couple days aftee the update , so I'm assumming sometimes it can't be a waiting game for some of the problems associated with the updates.

ROM
    Jelly Bean

it's always best to do a factory reset after doing a update to a new firmware....just my 2 cents!

Global Posts
    2,828 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock...for now

Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiian_Geek View Post
    it's always best to do a factory reset after doing a update to a new firmware....just my 2 cents!
    Do you back up and then reinstall that data or do you just start fresh?
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch->Samsung GS3 16GB Pebble Blue->LG G3 White

When I do factory reset I backup my contacts and messages to my pc. It seems it doesn't erase your musics and pictures but I backup anyways. Once you've done factory reset, your phone automatically start downloading your apps that you installed before.

Global Posts
    2,828 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock...for now

When I do factory reset I backup my contacts and messages to my pc. It seems it doesn't erase your musics and pictures but I backup anyways. Once you've done factory reset, your phone automatically start downloading your apps that you installed before.

But you don't use a backup program to restore settings and app data? Sounds like you just start fresh. I might do it but I can't even think about losing all my settings and app data.

But you don't use a backup program to restore settings and app data? Sounds like you just start fresh. I might do it but I can't even think about losing all my settings and app data.
    I use this app to backup contacts and messages. Once back up that I send it through my gmail so I can restore those data after factory reset. You can also backup apps and app data. I highly recommend this app. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...up.smscontacts

ROM
    Jelly Bean

I backed up all my pics on my sd card....remove sd card before factory reset.....i reinstalled my apps after factory reset was done....a PITA but at least no issues with the ph after major update......you can use a backup program to save your apps if you wish.....
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast