Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Now what?

Updated to Jelly Bean last night, the official version, not rooted, and I'm wondering, "what now?" What new things can I do now that I have this update?

Default Re: Now what?

Quote Originally Posted by sblair1269 View Post
    Updated to Jelly Bean last night, the official version, not rooted, and I'm wondering, "what now?" What new things can I do now that I have this update?
    You have a lot of backend and some FYI based changes that got a lot of people excited. Heck my phone is running a lot smoother, not locking up, and battery is running great as I'm at 30% and not charged it since I updated early in the evening.

Your major features are going to be Google Now, which if you train it and yourself works wonders. Also apps like Gmail and the actionable notifications. In Gmail if you receive a notification you can reply delete or archive from the notification bar. There are more minute details but it's all in what you use.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by 2:

Anyone have any idea how to change the position of the time/date on the lock screen? It's defaulted to the top and I previously had it on the bottom.

Global Posts
    8,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

I agree with rob. There's a lot of behind the scene things going on which will make the OS smoother. The source will be of really good use to Developers building ROMs for the device, which a lot of people use.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

wish it would have come out with the camera silencer. oh well, got to gripe about something. my phone is running pretty smooth right now. so does this have project butter? not that i even know what that is other than a UI.

I'm just waiting for root to come out for JB so I can get rid of all the bloatware and hopefully fix slow 3g data speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by nickjyc View Post
    I'm just waiting for root to come out for JB so I can get rid of all the bloatware and hopefully fix slow 3g data speeds.
    GB27 rooted has been available since early this month
    [ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-D710 GB27 (GB27 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Root/Stock)
    Last edited by Tsukiyomi; 03-29-2013 at 03:22 PM.
    Thanked by: