Holy battery drain, Batman!

redhdgirl417

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm beating my head against the wall trying to do what I can for better battery life....I've shut off Google Now services per a thread on the forum, removed unnecessary apps from phone, have display set to auto brightness (which is too dark but trying everything I can), new OEM battery. I will say that I have terrible data coverage in my home but always on wi-fi and I've always understood that battery drain is better running off wi-fi than data anyways but pehaps phone is still reaching for that data signal? I unplugged from charger at 7:15, fully charged, and at 8:54 my battery is down to 76% (have only checked notifications, no surfing at all). All suggestions are MUCH appreciated. :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-04-11-08-48-04.png
    Screenshot_2013-04-11-08-48-04.png
    83 KB · Views: 25

StealthTH

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
How long was the screen on time? Possible the button was getting pressed in say a pocket or something?

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Note II

Brainerd

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Hate to say it, but you likely need to do a factory reset. It is very possible that you have something in your temp files that is left over from ICS or GB that is taxing the processor.

I had a few issues, lag and freezing, and a factory reset solved them all.

Back up you data beforehand. Some stuff remained on the internal SD when I did the reset, but your mileage may very.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463