Phone randomly turning off at 50%+ battery and wont charge

soulreign

May 11, 2013
Visit site
So as the title says my phone is turning off randomly at like 50% or higher. than it decides not to charge. After i take the battery out for a minute and put it back in, it charges but the battery goes back to the original percentage before it shuts off. I am running android 4.0.4 and did all the updates i could. I tried factory resetting, but that didnt work. Oh and now 4g and wifi decide to turn on whenever the hell it wants to. Here is a picture for the battery

Screenshot_2013-05-11-16-35-301_zps998fe539.png
[/URL][/IMG]

so as u may or may not see from the picture. there is a gap in the battery life of the phone. Please help because i cant deal with this random shutting off everytime i have my phone is with me

Craig Rogers

Banned
Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Probably a faulty battery if I had to guess. Replace the battery for the phone with a new one and see if that works

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

dm3ready

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
When did you last replace your battery? To me, it sounds like issues with a faulty battery. Have you tried the old battery spin test to ensure it isn't bulging?

soulreign

May 11, 2013
Visit site
well this is the battery that came with the phone. i got the phone february 2012. so maybe the battery is almost dead. according to ur spin test, the battery looks bulged and spins. so i guess i need a new battery. thanks a lot guys

dm3ready

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Glad we could help! A new battery will probably be a huge improvement! I recommend going with an OEM Battery... Don't let them ship you a battery that has been sitting on a warehouse shelf for 12 months.
Good luck.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Hawaiian_Geek

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
go to a sprint corporate store and they can replace the battery for you.......they will either give you one or order one for you and call you when it comes in....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta