Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sprint Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch: My phone keeps rebooting itself

Yesterday my phone just randomly started rebooting itself I have no idea why I am running stock gb27 rooted?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-19-2014 at 08:19 PM.

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts

Default Re: My phone keeps rebooting itself

Quote Originally Posted by tadowen311 View Post
    Yesterday my phone just randomly started rebooting itself I have no idea why I am running stock gb27 rooted?
    I am also running stock GB27 rooted, and was experiencing random reboots along with some other issues. Check out my forum thread link below to see if you are experiencing similar symptoms. If so, your fix may be as simple as buying a new (True OEM) Samsung Battery. Good Luck!

LoS / Screen Flicker / Lock-Up / Severe Battery Drop @ Reboot - After GB27 Update

Ditto. Random reboots are happening at least 2x per day. Usually its not disruptive...It hasn't happened in the middle of a long phone, yet.

Global Posts
    7,398 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Were the reboots happening right after updating to JB or sometime after that? If it was the latter, a factory reset might be in order and install your apps one by one, let the phone run for a while in between each app install, and see if the problem starts after installing a particular app. Perhaps it could be app related.

It might not be a bad idea to get a new battery, either. Often a bad battery could be the source. However, since a factory reset costs nothing it might be wise to go this route first.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Well I factory reset my phone and it still does it...and I have two different batteries and they both do it one is way Newer than the original
    So I will try my extended one

Global Posts
    17,406 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Not sure what else to suggest. A factory reset should have cleared the cache, which is often the cause of some issues. It could be TouchWiz launcher causing the restarts. You can download a different launcher from Play. Try Nova or ADW.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Well I'm going to try nova and see what happens... I'll let you know. thanks for the suggestions

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

So the new launcher didn't work it restarted like an hour after I installed it... and three times since

Global Posts
    17,406 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by tadowen311 View Post
    So the new launcher didn't work it restarted like an hour after I installed it... and three times since

Honestly...I am at a loss. I couldn't tell you what to do next. Sorry.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Android Central Forums

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Well I'm going to have to guess it's my power button cause now it won't go to sleep...and when I try it restarts...but thanks man I appreciate it

Having the EXACT same problem, and sprint nor samsung will try to fix the problem. Threatening to File a lawsuit after this last try!

I finally broke down and did the Factory Reset...it cured the frequent random rebooting. It hasn't eliminated it completely. The HUGE plus has been an estimated 20-25% increase in my battery life!!
    Doing a reset allows you to slowly reintroduce the Apps you had. I picked my top 10 (essential) or so to load first. Waited a day, then added others, then waited a day...it allowed me to see if any of the Apps I had been using were causing the reboots or other issues.

Brand new replacement (Asurion) phone in my hands, and it keeps rebooting.

Nothing on it yet.

it might be damage to the actual hard ware in side minor water such as humidity from being in my pocket while i showered was what caused mine to go ape **** reboot like that, at least thats what the sprint repair shop was telling me before i made them replace it

galaxy ace cant get past the startup screen before restarting. what to do?

I am having a litany of problems all identical to those described in this thread (battery dropping, constant reboots, power button not working (to turn off screen) and causing a reset on the second push, etc). These problems all began in approx April/May and I assumed they were battery related because my battery WAS completely shot. New battery did not fix. Sprint tech tried to fix, couldnt, so issued a refurb. The phone began resetting the minute I walked out of store and they said it must be my (brand new) battery. I even went down to battery store, swapped batteries so that I was working with a clean refurb and brand new battery (2nd new battery). No dice. Sprint tech never called me back and I just "dealt" w/it because I didn't have time to go back to the store for 3hrs. Magically after a day or so the phone began working PERFECTLY for a week straight. For reasons completely unknown to me, last night the phone began deteriorating again at an extremely rapid pace. I uninstalled a few recently added apps and cleaned caches and they're not related. I am due back a call from a decent Sprint tech today and I will let anyone know if we can piece anything together.

I've been getting the reboots. It only seems to do it after I have a severe app crash or if my apps all update over wifi. I drive a lot and have had it run for 9hrs + on Google Navigation and it never reboots during that. Doesn't really bug me.

I've got similiar problem,but I know that the softwer is the problem,but does anyone know how to change youre softwer when phone is constantly restarting. Last time he started to do that and I take him on a fix,and guys said that the software was the problem,and they put new one. I can't do that,becouse every time in connnection with usb or anything he is still restarting. I can't even go in in factury setting. Please help! :O

Angry Re: My phone keeps rebooting itself

have same re-booting issue, tried battery replacement, same thing, getting replacement phone Wednesday hopefully that works, BTW, Sprint Tech said i was the only one he heard of reporting this problem, lol...

I just got a replacement phone and it continually reboots itself... Perhaps it is all the apps I'm trying to install? I tried the new and old battery and it still reboots. Then, it freezes on the "Google" welcome screen as if taunting me.

This samsung galaxy s2 epic touch 4g phone is complete garbage. I have had 4 refurbished phones so far (epic touch 4gs) , and now my phone is crap again. All those symptoms of restarting and power button not functioning correctly is due to a faulty power button. Over time the power button wears down and becomes useless. True story actually, the last refurbished one they ordered me already had a broken power button. It seems they are doing temporary fixes to these phones that way you are forced for an upgrade. I had to wait 2 weeks just for a functional phone that broke in 2 months. Good luck guys... try to use an app that powers off the phone to relieve stress from the power button.

Angry Re: My phone keeps rebooting itself

I am on Galaxy SII phone #3 and have experienced the exact same problem with each phone. Mine restarts 10+x per day and drains the battery by lunch. The screen will go from black to lit up constantly while simply resting on the table. If it's connected to a charger, the phone will completely power down rather than restart. Each time I've gone into the Sprint store they've done a factory reset, which does not fix the problem. Thankfully the phone will restart in the middle of when they're explaining to me what they did to fix the issue, so I got a new phone two times before. The issue very clearly has something to do with the power button. Pressing the power button will do absolutely nothing most of the time. At the same time, sometimes the power down/silence/restart screen which should come up when I press the power button comes up at random when my finger is no where near the power button. Now I have to plug it into a charger just to get the screen to illuminate when I need to use it. It's a totally garbage phone.
    At this point I can upgrade and finally get rid of this POS. I'm so mad at Samsung I'm actually considering switching to an iphone, which if you know me, is saying a lot.
    Thanked by:

I'm experiencing almost the exact same as most of you. I've had the phone for almost a year and suddenly it now reboots CONSTANTLY I can't even make calls or anything because it'll reboot in the midst of the call or text. It's so bad it reboots every couple of minutes. The only time it doesn't it's when it's plugged in. After much going back and forth with spring they replaced it and as soon as I walked out the door it started doing the same thing and it also gets VERY hot.

I've heard really bad things about spring and I've also experienced terrible signal, data connection but this is the ultimate disgrace. I wish a bunch of us would just complaint to the BBB or something this sounds too fishy to me. I'm gonna go back to sprint and tell them the issue here, but, based on the experiences above I don't think it'll matter. Ugh!

Orchid7 - I'd guess that this is your original battery, right? It's probably going bad and replacing it might fix your problems.

This is why I don't like phones without replaceable batteries.

Having the same problem spent over 22 hrs on the phone and in person with Sprint representatives. i have the Sprint insurance and every tech I speak to says they have problems with the SII's. On guy said it was his "Bread and Butter, without the SII he would not have a job." Sprint keeps running out of them and I am on my 4th one. Does anyone have any clue what to do here. They will elt me out of the contract and will only exchange me out of the phone into a lesser quality (they say is comparable, but specs do not and they will not let me return to an SII). Any thoughts on what to do? I HATE SPRINT!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast