Screen lights up when texts are received (stock gb27)

RebelMonster

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I have gb27 installed, using the stock text messaging app. Every time I get a text and the screen is turned off, it activates the backlight on the screen. I don't like this because it wastes battery and it also increases the chance that my screen will get unlocked when in my pocket, etc...
Does anybody know of a way to make it so that the screen does not light up when I receive a text message? Thanks, and sorry if this is a re-post, I couldn't find an answer.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have gb27 installed, using the stock text messaging app. Every time I get a text and the screen is turned off, it activates the backlight on the screen. I don't like this because it wastes battery and it also increases the chance that my screen will get unlocked when in my pocket, etc...
Does anybody know of a way to make it so that the screen does not light up when I receive a text message? Thanks, and sorry if this is a re-post, I couldn't find an answer.

Also check under the text settings. Open text setings hitting menu when you have all your conversations on screen.

RebelMonster

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for the responses, but I don't see any settings for doing what I want in the stock texting app, or within the android phone settings. Again, I don't want the screen to light up when I receive a text, and currently it does light up.

carraser891

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
honestly there is no way to turn that off other than to root. It's a feature of the OS. Or find another messaging app in the store.

RebelMonster

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
honestly there is no way to turn that off other than to root. It's a feature of the OS. Or find another messaging app in the store.

Ok, thank you. So how do I do it if I root my phone? I'm not asking how to root, just how to turn of the screen light up for text messages once I am rooted.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma