How to update to JB

Hvacmanjc

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone. I got rid of my S3 because I am not sure what the hype was all about. Actually, its almost the same phone. So now back to my S2 and wanted to update to JB. Not sure exactly how to do it, but there is actually a step by step on the Samsung website. Has anyone used this and if so, how did it work out? If I am looking at it right, it actually looks pretty easy. I am not very tech savvy with cell phones so if you could, tell me how it worked and if there is an easier way by all means please tell me. Again, I am not stupid but not very good with cell phones/computers. Thanks for your help!! ****Also, why did the S2 not get an OTA update and why does it have to be manually downloaded?***

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AC Forums mobile app

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone. I got rid of my S3 because I am not sure what the hype was all about. Actually, its almost the same phone. So now back to my S2 and wanted to update to JB. Not sure exactly how to do it, but there is actually a step by step on the Samsung website. Has anyone used this and if so, how did it work out? If I am looking at it right, it actually looks pretty easy. I am not very tech savvy with cell phones so if you could, tell me how it worked and if there is an easier way by all means please tell me. Again, I am not stupid but not very good with cell phones/computers. Thanks for your help!! ****Also, why did the S2 not get an OTA update and why does it have to be manually downloaded?***

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AC Forums mobile app

The claim was the update was too large to be done over the air. The update you are looking at is through Kies? I haven't done that myself, but that hasn't been my daily driver for almost 9 months.

Uglyfido

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
The update is super easy to do and it's definitely worth doing. You can either use Kies to install it, go direct to the Samsung website and DL the installer, or go to a Sprint store and have them do it for you. The third option is by far the easiest since it requires minimal work on your part. That being said, downloading it from Samsung direct is super easy. All you have to do is follow the directions. :)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Use Kies or let sprint do it for you if possible. Make sure you have a fully charged battery and don't unplug it while it's updating.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

drk65

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
The Odin One-Click method linked below is just as simple as the official Samsung installer, and (I think) better than Kies, which can be finicky. If you're a little adventurous, you can choose the Root version and you'll be updated to Jellybean AND Rooted all with literally... One-Click!

There's even an outstanding 8-minute "How To" video you can easily follow to get the job done. Good Luck!

[ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-D710 GB27 (GB27 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Root/Stock)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan