rooted my 4g touch,

drk65

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Since you are a self-proclaimed "newb", I suggest you begin here... and do lots of searching and reading!

(Guide) (Beginners) You have rooted your phone, now what can you do - xda-developers

As for which Sprint Bloatware you can safely remove from your E4GT... Most of it. However, I suggest you do a Google search for it, as I recall finding a nice, safe, accurate list that I used when I cleaned up my E4GT after rooting several months ago.

Best of Luck!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I agree. Search for safe to remove Sprint apps - I've not been on Touchwiz in a long time, so which apps are safe to remove I can't remember. Since you are rooted, I would suggest making a backup to be safe.

sblair1269

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I have Titanium Backup and have backed up everything at this time. By "freezing" this bloatware, is it doing the same thing as deleting it, in a sense. I know what delete means but, the idea is to just stop the bloatware from running right? So freezing would do the same thing in my mind. Just questions of someone trying to learn.

drk65

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I have Titanium Backup and have backed up everything at this time. By "freezing" this bloatware, is it doing the same thing as deleting it, in a sense. I know what delete means but, the idea is to just stop the bloatware from running right? So freezing would do the same thing in my mind. Just questions of someone trying to learn.

Yes, "Freezing" select Bloatware is a good way to test whether or not it will create any problematic issues on the phone, before actually deleting the apps. If you see no issues after several days of use, you can then consider physically removing the Bloatware from your device, which will gain you additional app storage capacity.

If you haven't done so yet, I also recommend making a complete Nandroid (CWM) backup of your device. Then, if you have any major issues with the phone, you will have a complete "Image" of the device which can be restored from the pre-boot recovery mode. --- If none of that made sense to you... Start Googling... and keep reading!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Having a CWM backup is the way to go - you'll get to experiment and have a safe backup that can be restored. Also, it's helpful to keep one on hand.