Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Sprint connections optimizer and failed text messages

    I'm running an up to date, completely stock Epic 4G touch. For the last few weeks I keep getting the "Sprint optimizer" has failed message. I turned the selection off in the mobile settings and have confirmed several times that the box is unchecked.

    It's causing the phone to lag upon waking it and has caused me to miss a couple of phone calls (the phone rings but freezes and I can't answer the call in time before it pushes it to voicemail). It usually does this twice and then I can use the phone normally for a awhile.

    Around the same time, I started having trouble with text messages failing. Texts are failing very frequently, sometimes they go through anyway, sometimes they don't. Sadly, I have no way to know because the phone never updates a failed text. If they fail, they show as always failed, even if they get properly sent a few minutes later.

    I'm assuming the 2 issues are related since they started happening right around the same time, but maybe not? I'm beyond annoyed at this point and appreciate if anyone knows of a fix.
  2. #2  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    21,680 Posts
    Global Posts
    22,120 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Sprint connections optimizer and failed text messages

    Quote Originally Posted by joshrocker View Post
    I'm running an up to date, completely stock Epic 4G touch. For the last few weeks I keep getting the "Sprint optimizer" has failed message. I turned the selection off in the mobile settings and have confirmed several times that the box is unchecked.

    It's causing the phone to lag upon waking it and has caused me to miss a couple of phone calls (the phone rings but freezes and I can't answer the call in time before it pushes it to voicemail). It usually does this twice and then I can use the phone normally for a awhile.

    Around the same time, I started having trouble with text messages failing. Texts are failing very frequently, sometimes they go through anyway, sometimes they don't. Sadly, I have no way to know because the phone never updates a failed text. If they fail, they show as always failed, even if they get properly sent a few minutes later.

    I'm assuming the 2 issues are related since they started happening right around the same time, but maybe not? I'm beyond annoyed at this point and appreciate if anyone knows of a fix.
    Sorry you are having problems.
    Try this: Wipe cache in recovery. You have at least a few updates worth of cached data that is probably interfering with your current ROM. Here is how you do that: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Sprint connections optimizer and failed text messages

    Thank you for your reply. I'll look over the guide tonight and give it a go.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Sprint connections optimizer and failed text messages

    Looked easy enough to try now, so I gave it a go. I'll report back later tonight if that was a cure. Thanks again!
  5. #5  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    21,680 Posts
    Global Posts
    22,120 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Sprint connections optimizer and failed text messages

    Quote Originally Posted by joshrocker View Post
    Looked easy enough to try now, so I gave it a go. I'll report back later tonight if that was a cure. Thanks again!
    No sweat. Hope it helps. It should.

    Sent from a SlimROM S3.

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Sprint connections optimizer and failed text messages

    Good news first, I haven't had a text message fail since I cleared the cache.
    Bad news, I'm still getting the sprint optimizations failed message.

    Any other ideas? Thanks again!
  7. #7  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    21,680 Posts
    Global Posts
    22,120 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Sprint connections optimizer and failed text messages

    Quote Originally Posted by joshrocker View Post
    Good news first, I haven't had a text message fail since I cleared the cache.
    Bad news, I'm still getting the sprint optimizations failed message.

    Any other ideas? Thanks again!
    What firmware are you using? Go to Settings>About device to check. Or, post a screenshot.

    Sent from a SlimROM S3.

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Sprint connections optimizer and failed text messages

    Sorry for the stupid question, but what is the firmware listed as in the "about phone"?

    For what it's worth, I did attempt to do a firmware update and it said nothing was available. I've ran every update that's been sent and have never attempted to root my phone, so everything (outside of keyboard) is stock and should be the latest version.
  9. #9  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    21,680 Posts
    Global Posts
    22,120 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Sprint connections optimizer and failed text messages

    Quote Originally Posted by joshrocker View Post
    Sorry for the stupid question, but what is the firmware listed as in the "about phone"?

    For what it's worth, I did attempt to do a firmware update and it said nothing was available. I've ran every update that's been sent and have never attempted to root my phone, so everything (outside of keyboard) is stock and should be the latest version.
    They changed it...sorry. Look at Software version. Bottom of About device screen. I had to go to my own E4GT, to verify...lol

    Sent from a SlimROM S3.

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: Sprint connections optimizer and failed text messages

    D710.10 That's listed under "hardware" version at the bottom of the screen.

    Thanks again for your help.
  11. #11  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    21,680 Posts
    Global Posts
    22,120 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Sprint connections optimizer and failed text messages

    Quote Originally Posted by joshrocker View Post
    D710.10 That's listed under "hardware" version at the bottom of the screen.

    Thanks again for your help.
    I was looking for GB27 or like that...

    Sent from a SlimROM S3.

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: Sprint connections optimizer and failed text messages

    IMM761.FL24? That's listed under build number.
  13. #13  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    21,680 Posts
    Global Posts
    22,120 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Sprint connections optimizer and failed text messages

    Quote Originally Posted by joshrocker View Post
    IMM761.FL24? That's listed under build number.
    OK. GB 27 is the most up to date version of Android. Check our QBKing77 on YouTube. He has some great videos on how to manually update.
    Watch a few times, double check that you have all the files. Any questions, ask.

    Sent from a SlimROM S3.

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

    Default Re: Sprint connections optimizer and failed text messages

    If I understand you right, I'm not running the latest version? Is this something that wasn't pushed to phones or is something wrong with my phone so simply didn't receive it?
  15. #15  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    21,680 Posts
    Global Posts
    22,120 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Sprint connections optimizer and failed text messages

    Quote Originally Posted by joshrocker View Post
    If I understand you right, I'm not running the latest version? Is this something that wasn't pushed to phones or is something wrong with my phone so simply didn't receive it?
    Nope, you are a version behind. As I recall, that update was done by Kies. Download it from Samsung, it their program so it's good, and update that way.

    Sent from a SlimROM S3.

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by:
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

    Default Re: Sprint connections optimizer and failed text messages

    Thanks again, i'll look into it later this evening and see what I can get from Kies.
  17. #17  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    21,680 Posts
    Global Posts
    22,120 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Sprint connections optimizer and failed text messages

    Quote Originally Posted by joshrocker View Post
    Thanks again, i'll look into it later this evening and see what I can get from Kies.
    No sweat. Like I said, QBKing77 shows a way to do it too.

    Sent from a SlimROM S3.

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by:
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

    Default Re: Sprint connections optimizer and failed text messages

    Once again, Thanks a lot! I don't know how I missed the latest update but I haven't had any problems at all today. I'm crossing my fingers.

    I like this update a lot, it really makes it feel like a whole new phone.
  19. #19  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    21,680 Posts
    Global Posts
    22,120 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Sprint connections optimizer and failed text messages

    Quote Originally Posted by joshrocker View Post
    Once again, Thanks a lot! I don't know how I missed the latest update but I haven't had any problems at all today. I'm crossing my fingers.

    I like this update a lot, it really makes it feel like a whole new phone.
    I remembered that it was only available from Kies. Glad it's working.

    From a SlimROM S3

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-27-2013, 02:26 PM
  2. Pressing home brings up text app
    By Mooncatt in forum Droid Bionic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-24-2013, 11:14 AM
  3. Dev edition and other carriers coming out in "days"?
    By Travisimo in forum Moto X (2013)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-23-2013, 02:32 PM
  4. transfer text and phone logs from Spectrum to Spectrum
    By albertrr33 in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-23-2013, 01:14 PM
  5. Calling a number through email message
    By kostnkost in forum HTC One
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-23-2013, 12:12 PM

Posting Permissions