Power Cycle like a mother....

rrollar

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
So randomly the other day my phone decided to do a power cycle like a dozen times in a row. Took the battery out for a while and let it rest. Took it in to a Sprint store and left it for the afternoon. Picked it up on my way home and power cycled about 4-5 times on the drive home. They have since ordered a new one to replace but i have never heard of a software issue causing this many power cycles before? Hopefully they order a S3 as the replacement for now until i get some dough for a newer phone to replace this.

Crazy!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yeah its not unheard of. I had a replacement Samsung Epic 4g (Sprint) that the moment I picked it up from my Sprint store as a refurb for my original, they turned it on and it went into continuous boot loops.

rrollar

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Yeah its not unheard of. I had a replacement Samsung Epic 4g (Sprint) that the moment I picked it up from my Sprint store as a refurb for my original, they turned it on and it went into continuous boot loops.
Boot loops are never as much fun as fruit loops.....but really its just crazy how many times it does it. Battery went from 75% to 5% in about a minute.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Boot loops are never as much fun as fruit loops.....but really its just crazy how many times it does it. Battery went from 75% to 5% in about a minute.
Did you get the problem resolved? Definitely sounds like a bad battery that needs to be replaced.

rrollar

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Well, I have them ordering a replacement phone at this point and should be here today or tomorrow. The problem only got worse, now my power button doesnt even work and the constant power cycles still happen. So its been weird/refreshing to not be on the phone for the past week or so now. Kind of a nice little break to be honest.

rrollar

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Got the replacement yesterday after work, and so far so good. Still need to put aside some money for whenever Sprint feels like releasing the Moto X. I know its not the greatest phone ever, but from what I have now, its a great upgrade. Its funny, you never really realize how custom you have your phone until you have to go back in an re-set up your settings and wallpapers/widgets/custom settings.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey