Message Not Sent Notification/Error

Tico2415

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I dont know why, but I have this message not sent error message that never seems to come off. When I press it, it goes to my messages, but nothing happens. I checked all my messages one by one to check if all my message were sent and they all are. Even when I clear my notification bar it always seems to pop up -___-. Can anyone help me? Or give me a solution?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I dont know why, but I have this message not sent error message that never seems to come off. When I press it, it goes to my messages, but nothing happens. I checked all my messages one by one to check if all my message were sent and they all are. Even when I clear my notification bar it always seems to pop up -___-. Can anyone help me? Or give me a solution?

I would try clearing cache in recovery. Here is how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html

saltbabydoll

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if you're still getting that error or not, but I had the same issue. I came across another post on this forum and found this solution:

"Found the following solution that worked like a charm!

1. Install Handcent SMS from Android Marketplace
2. Launch Handcent SMS
3. Press Menu Button >> More + >> Undelivered messages
4. Here you can delete undelivered conversations and end your "messages not sent" woes!" "

I did it and it worked. Good luck!

Tico2415

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I will try this, but I did try the solution at top and I think it works. Ill try your solution if the problem still exist and thank you again

hopey79

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
Worked a charm! Took me a little to figure out I don't have 'more options' and I had to go to > send message settings > delivery report then I was able to delete all undelivered messages...thanks again!!

ASHOKKGC

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I don't have 'more options' and I had to go to > send message settings > delivery report then I was able to delete all undelivered messages...thank god it works for me and

Special Thanks to hopey79. Your post work for me.

Bill Kaczmarek

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I did "wipe cache partition" but my Nexus 4 still gives an error message of MESSAGE NOT SENT whenever I open Android Messenger. I've also cleared cache from Android Messenger.

What else might fix this annoyance??! thanks in advance!

Last edited:

legofiddl3

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site

A very simple solution to this problem exists. Go into settings and change your default text app. Open the new default. It should import the messages causing the error. Delete them. Then change back to your original texting app. Should fix it. If it doesn't import to the new app, try a few text apps until you find one that will.

Ulrich Utt

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Found three blank messages that wont send. Used handcent to find them.
They will not delete.

Does anyone know what the folder is where these would be stored?
I will eradicate them at the source............

Ed20999

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
Awesome had that not sent notification for a few yrs drove me nuts. installed handcent Next SMS, go to settings, receive message settings, activate delivery reports, exit settings, go to inbox open on top right the three periods stacked up, press delivery report & it showed about 5 undelivered tapped on them & turned them into drafts which I could then delete. No More Notification :D

Dek Messecar

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I had a message not sent due to an error in the number. It altered the icon and having tried most of the solutions but couldn't find it - the icon read 'unknown folder!. By chance I corrected the error in contacts and it disappeared! The icon is normal, but I'm disappointed in this bug and this new phone seeming so opaque coma red to my old galaxy.

DianneSmith

Sep 29, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. You may need to contact your carrier. The SIM card may need to be replaced.

I had this issue a few months ago, and I got rid of it. I can't remember what I did. But now I have the same issue and I can't get that message not sent to come out of my phone and I can't remember what I did but I know I didn't have to have my SIM card deleted or take it to the phone people so if anyone has any ideas please let me know