- 2 Posts
Sprint SG2 to Straight Talk?
I'm trying to help a non-techie friend with this phone. He bought a used SG2 from someone and he originally wanted to move it to his Verizon account. Some research tells me that probably isn't an option. His next request was whether we could move it to his wife's Straight Talk account. I'm not sure how to proceed on that. ST said that we could activate it if is is unlocked and we buy a network activation code. But, can you unlock a CDMA phone? Maybe he used the wrong nomenclature. Is it possible to move this phone. It is not currently rooted, (I will do that if necessary) but I did track down the MSL.
Thanks for the help.
- 10-17-2013, 03:49 PM #2
Re: Sprint SG2 to Straight Talk?
Bring you own device is for GSM phones not CDMA phones. Most likely the MEID of the phone he is trying to activate would have to be changed which is a bit shady and probably not worth the trouble. Ting would be a cheap prepaid carrier that would allow using a Sprint device so that may be a better option.
- 10-28-2013, 12:29 PM #4
- By jeno27 in forum LG G2Replies: 3Last Post: 10-28-2013, 06:01 PM
- By KJD209 in forum Verizon LG G2Replies: 17Last Post: 10-20-2013, 09:15 PM
- By SassyLee in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 25Last Post: 10-19-2013, 03:57 PM
- By rjack22 in forum Motorola Droid MAXXReplies: 1Last Post: 10-18-2013, 08:53 AM
- By BillBauman in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 10-17-2013, 03:06 PM