1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Randomly resetting to lock screen?

I have a Galaxy S2 on Virgin Mobile and this just started happening this morning. The battery had died completely and I plugged it into the charger...then after an hour or so i went to turn it on. I left it on my nightstand and about half an hour after that...i noticed the screen was still on. So I pick it up and whenever i try to do ANYTHING... it either blacks out and returns me to lock screen or it restarts. Sometimes it tells me that the process system has stopped and a few times it's frozen all together on the lock screen. Before the battery died it was working completely normally.

I've taken the battery out and restarted it, nothing changed. I've tried restarting it myself, nothing. I even tried to download an antivirus, but it locked out before I could finish. It won't work long enough for me to even turn on USB mode and manually scan it from my computer.

Please help me figure this out, I know my first post here is begging for help but I can't afford to buy a new phone right now and If there's any way I could fix it without losing my data I would be SO grateful. Thank you.

Global Posts
    6,763 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Randomly resetting to lock screen?

Quote Originally Posted by Mylo Xylobryte View Post
    I have a Galaxy S2 on Virgin Mobile and this just started happening this morning. The battery had died completely and I plugged it into the charger...then after an hour or so i went to turn it on. I left it on my nightstand and about half an hour after that...i noticed the screen was still on. So I pick it up and whenever i try to do ANYTHING... it either blacks out and returns me to lock screen or it restarts. Sometimes it tells me that the process system has stopped and a few times it's frozen all together on the lock screen. Before the battery died it was working completely normally.

I've taken the battery out and restarted it, nothing changed. I've tried restarting it myself, nothing. I even tried to download an antivirus, but it locked out before I could finish. It won't work long enough for me to even turn on USB mode and manually scan it from my computer.

Please help me figure this out, I know my first post here is begging for help but I can't afford to buy a new phone right now and If there's any way I could fix it without losing my data I would be SO grateful. Thank you.
    Welcome to the forums!

I would suggest removing the battery for an hour or so, if possible, then re-insert and let charge for several hours (don't turn it on). Again, do this if possible, otherwise, as long as you can before you really need the phone and want to see if it's working.

After it charges for a while power it on and see if that works. Somethings to consider: Try another charger or consider a battery replacement.

Let us know if you have further questions.