Manual labor fix? Wrecked both recovery and full mode, Kies no help.

GoogleGrease

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
As it says...

Cause: ROM Flash failed half-way through and killed both partitions, now I'm stuck with download mode, and it won't connect even after properly re-installing drivers

Problem 1. Only Download mode available
Problem 2. Computer (or phone) refuses to make the connection to reflash again.

I've exhausted the only options I knew.
Have about two months of experience with having a rooted phone. Soft bricked it a few times before this but this one looks to me to be a hardware manual-reprogram that I need to do. The connection issue, if it's the phone, would require some sort of coding software or device to manually execute code through a keyed connection, like for universal remotes... but I'm not sure if they exist for microusb connections running Android at the other end...

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
As it says...

Cause: ROM Flash failed half-way through and killed both partitions, now I'm stuck with download mode, and it won't connect even after properly re-installing drivers

Problem 1. Only Download mode available
Problem 2. Computer (or phone) refuses to make the connection to reflash again.

I've exhausted the only options I knew.
Have about two months of experience with having a rooted phone. Soft bricked it a few times before this but this one looks to me to be a hardware manual-reprogram that I need to do. The connection issue, if it's the phone, would require some sort of coding software or device to manually execute code through a keyed connection, like for universal remotes... but I'm not sure if they exist for microusb connections running Android at the other end...

Welcome to the forums.
Try restarting the PC, use different cables or ports and see if that helps.

GoogleGrease

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Done before and after, it prefers 2.0 and there's only one USB 2.0 port on this netbook and it was bent so the connection is bad sometimes.
What I'm doing right now is waiting with the phone wall-charging and found that the emergency recovery can isolate which is which through detecting COM port connection. I'd been trying the normal sync route, lol.

Does the ROM I was flashing matter in this case?

I'm a bit frantic now, this is my only phone and I'm too broke to buy another.

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Done before and after, it prefers 2.0 and there's only one USB 2.0 port on this netbook and it was bent so the connection is bad sometimes.
What I'm doing right now is waiting with the phone wall-charging and found that the emergency recovery can isolate which is which through detecting COM port connection. I'd been trying the normal sync route, lol.

Does the ROM I was flashing matter in this case?

I'm a bit frantic now, this is my only phone and I'm too broke to buy another.

I don't think so. The bigger problem is the partial flash. Sometimes that can kill a device.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

GoogleGrease

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Looks like it's dead then. Kies can't help now that the phone won't even boot into Odin mode, keeps saying the battery is too low when I know it's been charging for hours (the battery was on its way out but it wasn't that bad)

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Looks like it's dead then. Kies can't help now that the phone won't even boot into Odin mode, keeps saying the battery is too low when I know it's been charging for hours (the battery was on its way out but it wasn't that bad)

Are you due for an upgrade?

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781