Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Manual labor fix? Wrecked both recovery and full mode, Kies no help.

As it says...

Cause: ROM Flash failed half-way through and killed both partitions, now I'm stuck with download mode, and it won't connect even after properly re-installing drivers

Problem 1. Only Download mode available
    Problem 2. Computer (or phone) refuses to make the connection to reflash again.

I've exhausted the only options I knew.
    Have about two months of experience with having a rooted phone. Soft bricked it a few times before this but this one looks to me to be a hardware manual-reprogram that I need to do. The connection issue, if it's the phone, would require some sort of coding software or device to manually execute code through a keyed connection, like for universal remotes... but I'm not sure if they exist for microusb connections running Android at the other end...

Global Posts
    31,611 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: Manual labor fix? Wrecked both recovery and full mode, Kies no help.

Quote Originally Posted by GoogleGrease View Post
    As it says...

Cause: ROM Flash failed half-way through and killed both partitions, now I'm stuck with download mode, and it won't connect even after properly re-installing drivers

Problem 1. Only Download mode available
    Problem 2. Computer (or phone) refuses to make the connection to reflash again.

I've exhausted the only options I knew.
    Have about two months of experience with having a rooted phone. Soft bricked it a few times before this but this one looks to me to be a hardware manual-reprogram that I need to do. The connection issue, if it's the phone, would require some sort of coding software or device to manually execute code through a keyed connection, like for universal remotes... but I'm not sure if they exist for microusb connections running Android at the other end...
    Welcome to the forums.
    Try restarting the PC, use different cables or ports and see if that helps.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Manual labor fix? Wrecked both recovery and full mode, Kies no help.

Done before and after, it prefers 2.0 and there's only one USB 2.0 port on this netbook and it was bent so the connection is bad sometimes.
    What I'm doing right now is waiting with the phone wall-charging and found that the emergency recovery can isolate which is which through detecting COM port connection. I'd been trying the normal sync route, lol.

Does the ROM I was flashing matter in this case?

I'm a bit frantic now, this is my only phone and I'm too broke to buy another.

Global Posts
    31,611 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Done before and after, it prefers 2.0 and there's only one USB 2.0 port on this netbook and it was bent so the connection is bad sometimes.
    What I'm doing right now is waiting with the phone wall-charging and found that the emergency recovery can isolate which is which through detecting COM port connection. I'd been trying the normal sync route, lol.

Does the ROM I was flashing matter in this case?

I'm a bit frantic now, this is my only phone and I'm too broke to buy another.
    I don't think so. The bigger problem is the partial flash. Sometimes that can kill a device.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Looks like it's dead then. Kies can't help now that the phone won't even boot into Odin mode, keeps saying the battery is too low when I know it's been charging for hours (the battery was on its way out but it wasn't that bad)

Global Posts
    31,611 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Looks like it's dead then. Kies can't help now that the phone won't even boot into Odin mode, keeps saying the battery is too low when I know it's been charging for hours (the battery was on its way out but it wasn't that bad)
    Are you due for an upgrade?

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app