Problems with new earbuds

muchwows

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
I just bought a pair of Urbanears Kransen earbuds, but they're partially not working on my Galaxy s2. Whenever I plug in the earbuds in certain parts, the sound becomes very distant and tinny, and most of the time the main vocals don't play at all, but if I move them to another position, they play perfectly. I switched from a pair of V-Modas but never experienced this problem with them before. Another thing to add is that I've also tried the Urbanears on an iPhone, and they've worked perfectly. Does it have something to do with the phone or is there a problem with the earbuds themselves? Please help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! There might be a compatibility issue. Are your Kransens purely just earphones, or do they have a microphone as well? Sometimes the plugs for these types of headphones aren't universally compatible. From the Kransen website: "We have chosen to adjust our products to support the dominating standard for mobile two-way communication, based on the 3.5 mm plug. This standard is used by manufacturers such as Blackberry, HTC and Apple. However, not all suppliers have adapted to this standard and in fact have developed their own version, deliberately closing out third-party products such as ours. In many cases, adapters are still available from these manufacturers."

Compare the plug on the Kransens with some other headphone that you know works on your phone--are they exactly the same, with the contacts in the exact same position? If not, then it's probably a compatibility issue.

Dark Penguin

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I have liked Urbanears for their innovative design; e.g. the way you can securely snap them together behind your neck when you need to take them out of your ears. Too many manufacturers overlook features like this. Another huge plus, at least with the ones that I have owned, is that they come with a 3-ring-and-tip to 2-ring-and-tip elbow adapter, which greatly reduces wear at the jack-end. The only bad thing was that, for some reason, the cats in my home are really attracted to the wires, even more than with other ear buds and similar items generally. I went through several pairs of Urbanears' Bagis model, each time only to fall asleep and wake up to find cat on my chest, ready to deliver the final, severing bite to the cord in her mouth.

Do the Kransen earbuds come with the adapter?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12